Best Car Rental near Port Canaveral

UKfanfromVA

There's really no way anyone on this board can estimate the costs of a one way rental from Florida to Virginia. You'll have to contact the rental car companies. You can get quotes from their websites.

As far as locations, here's a link to Google Map for Port Canaveral. Suggest you zoom in and scroll around to see where the car rental agencies are located.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4010775,-80.6215062,14z

But, honestly, I would be focused much more on the cost of the rental than how convenient the rental agencies are.

There's really no way anyone on this board can estimate the costs of a one way rental from Florida to Virginia. You'll have to contact the rental car companies. You can get quotes from their websites. As far as locations, here's a link to Google Map for Port Canaveral. Suggest you zoom in and scroll around to see where the car rental agencies are located. https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4010775,-80.6215062,14z But, honestly, I would be focused much more on the cost of the rental than how convenient the rental agencies are.

Thanks for the reply but really wanted to hear from cruisers who have done a one way car rental from Port Canaveral to an out of state location . I don't expect a price quote.

Thanks for the reply but really wanted to hear from cruisers who have done a one way car rental from Port Canaveral to an out of state location . I don't expect a price quote.

Prices will vary depending upon the out of state location and the date. I've used the agency websites and it only takes about 90 seconds to get a price.

I would go to your favorite travel web site and compare rates across agencies - kayak, google, carrental dot com, etc. All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach shuttle to/from the port. We've done several one-way rentals from PC, but all were within FLA.

We used Hertz and it was very easy to get to the agency from the port. We walked from the terminal to the car rental shuttle and got right on the shuttle van. We had 4 people, 4 large suitcases, a motorized scooter and a manual wheelchair. We were in zone one to get off the ship though.

We used Hertz and it was very easy to get to the agency from the port. We walked from the terminal to the car rental shuttle and got right on the shuttle van. We had 4 people, 4 large suitcases, a motorized scooter and a manual wheelchair. We were in zone one to get off the ship though.

Thank you, Danville Cruiser! This is the type of review I was hoping to see from this thread.

You’re very welcome, fellow Cat fan. :-) The other car rental places also had similar shuttle vans in the same location. I reserved the van early through a AAA membership and got a fairly decent rate.

Ah, so you are from Danville, KY. My father was born there and I have memories as a young child visiting relatives and the cemetery where several generations of my family are buried. I am from Georgetown and my husband is from Frankfort. So KY is home and we bleed blue.

Thanks for more info on the car rental.

GO CATS!!!