Denali Park Village - Rafting (Healy)

marx

I'm looking into rafting in the Healy area with two kids ages 12 and 14. Denali Park Village offers rafting with a discount to kids up to 15 years old ($99 for me, $50 each for kids). Other companies do not.

I realize that this is a hotel, but don't know if they run a rafting program or book on their site for another company. (I haven't found another company in the Healy area with these rates). I called, but reached a reservation agent who was not helpful. The reason for this post is that I can't seem to find any reviews for Denali Park Village Rafting - only another person asking this same question. So, is anyone familiar with the company and have an opinion to share? Thx!

This company has been around for years and has been reviewd on this forum.

https://www.denalioutdoorcenter.com/raft-tours/

Other companies are listed in the Denali Chamber site:

http://www.a1cms.com/_dcc/activities/

Thanks! What’s odd is that pricing is different on each site. It is more per child on the link you provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! What’s odd is that pricing is different on each site. It is more per child on the link you provided.

We did a rafting tour on our land tour while in Denali. Your prices are what we paid. We were picked up at Denali Park Village, taken to their store to suit up, and then brought to where the raft was to be put in. We did a float, not a rapids paddle, and we put in back behind Denali Park Village. We went 13 miles down the Nenana and then were pickup up by the van again.

I think it was Denali Outdoor Center. It was booked through our tour director with our cruise tour.

Also note that there are multiple options depending on your adventure level. The upper portion is more of a float with some rapids and the lower gorge section with more rapids. With their ages, you could do either although the discounts usually apply to the upper portion.

We did the gorge through Nenana Raft Adventures and were very satisfied.

Check out our review and photos in signature.

42958253981_06897040c9_k.jpg

As suggested, you can't compare prices on these tours. They ccan be Very different depending on vendor and where they put in, and for how long. It could be a contracted deal with the put in by this lodge and not related to their general public tours. . Some runs I don't find worthwhile for my priorities. Time- offers more. :)

Another thumbs up for Nenana Raft Adventures. We were with Patrick at the end of June. Once they finished scaring the bejeezus out of me (the pre-ride talk covers every possible thing that could go wrong) it wound up being a fabulous adventure. I would do it again in a heartbeat [emoji1]

We had never been rafting before so went on the scenic trip with Denali Outdoor Center. It was great! We went at 6:30pm, nice scenery and some nice little rapids that were fun and not scary. I highly recommend them.