Internet - worth it? (Royal Caribbean)

My husband and I are avid internet users..although we have looked at the price of internet for our first 2 week cruise coming up next week and it is £150 for 1 device, £500 for 2!..what do people tend to do? Do you just book a day here and there when onboard? It seems a crazy amount of money to spend..eek

Do you just book a day here and there when onboard? It seems a crazy amount of money to spend..eek

Yes. We are D+ so we each get 2 24 hour periods. So I split them up during the cruise. Also with my phone plan, I can receive texts anywhere in the world for $.05 per incoming text. So I boot up my phone for a few minutes throughout each day or so to see if anyone has texted me. If there is an issue I need to handle, I can always use or buy a 24 hour internet plan and via wifi calling or email, take care of any issue. Obviously, I am in the U.S. so not familiar with European cell plans.

Also keep an eye on the cruise planner and on board for discounted internet deals. If one plan is 150 pounds and 2 is 500 pounds, the obvious is for each of you to buy a single plan. BUT, you can BOTH use a single "one device" plan, just not at the same time. You simply need to log off with the first device then you can log in with another. There is no restriction as to how many devices can be used on a single device plan, you just can't use more than one at any one time.

My husband and I are avid internet users..although we have looked at the price of internet for our first 2 week cruise coming up next week and it is £150 for 1 device, £500 for 2!..what do people tend to do? Do you just book a day here and there when onboard? It seems a crazy amount of money to spend..eek

I don't understand why the price for 2 devices is over 3 times the price for one device.:confused: