Ft Lauderdale Post Cruise Rental Car Pick up

RBKL

We have a reservation for a rental car with Budget for post cruise pick up.

I've returned cars pre-cruise to the 17th street location and taken a shuttle to the cruise port.

My post cruise reservation is for the Port Everglades Cruise Shuttle (EV3).

If you used this location do they take you to 17th street or another location to get your car?

How does the pick up work at the cruise port?

I tried calling the Budget office however, it transfered me to Avis and when I called Budget they

had no idea.

I'd like to hear from people that have actually used Budget at this location.

Thanks.

Hi. We used the Budget 17th st location in February. The location was very convenient.

The problem with that office is that you may have to wait a long time to get a car. We were supposed to pick up our car at 10am. When we got to the office, at least 30 people were waiting for cars. We were told that the people who were supposed to return their rentals were late in returning them. Therefore, there were extensive delays in people picking up new rentals. Also, they did not necessarily have the type of vehicle requested. There were lots of angry people waiting for hours.

On a positive note, we were eventually given a red mustang convertible.

Since there’s always better variety and better inventory at the airport location when I return from a cruise from Port Everglades I usually grab a cab for the short ten minute ride back to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Then I have a choice of using one of the major rental car companies to pick up my vehicle. Also, I always reserve a vehicle to get a better rate weeks before my trip. The fifteen to twenty dollar fare plus tip is worth the money to me.

Thanks for the feedback.

We've used the 17th Street location for drop off. Very convenient since we stay at the Renassaince which is right there. Have never used the other location and never picked up a car there. It does get busy even dropping a car off pre-cruise.

I'm going to consider going to the airport for pick up post cruise. The taxi will cost a bit more but may be very worth it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to consider going to the airport for pick up post cruise. The taxi will cost a bit more but may be very worth it.

Wise move. We have encountered several problems with the 17th Street location - shuttle bus delays, long lines at the desk, reserved car not available, etc. We much prefer to get a cab to FLL and pick up there, it’s much less hassle.

Thanks for updating us.

Do you happen to know the location code of the new location with the shuttle?

Is it EV3?

It looks like I need to change my drop off location from 17th street.

Is the new location good for picking up a car too or is it best to head back to the airport where the selection is better?

Yes, EV3 which is the location in the photo above.

Unless you need a very specific vehicle class then this location should be fine for pickup - it is where the port shuttle drops you anyways. The lot is big so I expect they will have a good selection. It is all pretty new so we do not have references to count on yet!

So no more 17th Street...What hotel (desk) are you referring to for drop off now for Budget. It was always been such a quick easy drop off location we could return our car to the night before our cruise and walk back to Hyatt Place hotel.

Yes, EV3 which is the location in the photo above.

Unless you need a very specific vehicle class then this location should be fine for pickup - it is where the port shuttle drops you anyways. The lot is big so I expect they will have a good selection. It is all pretty new so we do not have references to count on yet!

Thanks for the feedback. I changed my drop off to the new location from 17th street (Renassaince Hotel).

My concern about picking up a car there post cruise is the crowd of people all picking up or dropping off cars in the span of a few hours. I hope they have Fast Break there.

Ashland, you are still OK! They moved across the parking lot into the Renaissance Hotel. Perfectly fine if you return a car the day before your cruise and can walk back to your hotel nearby! They DO NOT offer an airport of cruise terminal shuttle service from this location is what I was trying to say! And NO AFTER HOURS returns!

RBKL - Yes Fastbreak is available at the 24th St location EV3 but you still have to show a drivers license to someone at the checkin counter to get the keys! I think the new location has a better setup for faster service but time will tell!

Ashland, you are still OK! They moved across the parking lot into the Renaissance Hotel. Perfectly fine if you return a car the day before your cruise and can walk back to your hotel nearby! They DO NOT offer an airport of cruise terminal shuttle service from this location is what I was trying to say! And NO AFTER HOURS returns!

RBKL - Yes Fastbreak is available at the 24th St location EV3 but you still have to show a drivers license to someone at the checkin counter to get the keys! I think the new location has a better setup for faster service but time will tell!

Thanks so much...This has always worked out so easy for us to drop off night before and walk back to Hyatt Place.

Budget rental car location at :

Port Everglades Cruise Shuttle, EV3

Address: 2520 Miami Rd, Ft Lauderdale, FL, 33316, US

Phone: (1) 954-761-7231

Hours of Operation: Sun 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM