Room Selection Assistance re: Sofa in Balcony

rccruiser116

Good morning,

Just got off the phone with a carnival agent, who advised that the sofas on their ships (specifically Triumph/Sunrise in my case) can be made up into a bed regardless if the deck plan specifies “single sofa bed” for a stateroom. Can anyone verify if this is true?

Never cruised Carnival before. Wondering if this was said because we are only two to a stateroom. Reason for asking is my mom who id be cruising with would be too uncomfortable sleeping on a twin and would use the whole king, as she normally uses a body pillow for additional support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the coach can be made into a twin bed. But very hard twin bed. My niece joined us on the 10 day back home from San Juan on the Triumph. She never got comfortable, regardless what they tried to do with the coach.

my cousin and I shared a room and they had the beds made into a king. we told the room steward to leave it. so we shared the king bed and enjoyed extra room in the cabin.

so I suggest you and mom share a king.

Just an FYI. The king is two beds pushed together. They might be clamped I never looked. They always seem to have a hump in the middle. Not a bad hump but the few times I tried to sleep in the middle ended up on on side.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

They basically put a sheet on the couch. Was great for my 5 year old but wouldn't recommend for an adult.

I'm an adult and I love sleeping on the sofa. I would rather sleep on the sofa then sleep on an upper bed.

OP, if you like a firm mattress, then you will like the sofa.

Thanks everybody! Was just nervous that there were some that were convertible (even if to just a daybed) and some that could not be made as a bed.

Wound up going with category 8D on Carnival Sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk