Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Are you on a cruise?  Where did the ship port for this excursion?  [Our Silversea cruise next January will be stopping in Akaroa, and their shorex choices include Christchurch but not the International Antarctic Centre.  This would be my top choice, if I can figure out how to get there...]

I am not on a cruise. The International Antarctic Center is very close to the Christchurch airport. It is a mixture of a amusiment park and a cientific museum. Great for children of all ages, including me (59)....

Back to Auckland already. Unfortunately my new hotel room does not have a view to the port, but I guess there is a SS ship here today. Are you @zqtchas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Evening/Morning/Afternoon all. Well after an amazing (somewhere between 72 and 96 hours but I honestly can't quite work out how many right now) Ive finally found 10 minutes to sit down somewhere other than in a car, plane, airport train, lounge, boat or monorail for 10 minutes. I Set off for Dubai at Some point on Sunday and after a fairly good flight with Emirates and an hours sleep I arrived in Dubai I think probably on Monday. Met at the airport by the hotel driver and was whisked away in no time to Raffles the Palm. Check-in was seamless, they offer check in in the Club Lounge for Suite guests, in my room for around 9.00am, quick shower and ready to explore. The Hotel is absolutely stunning. The Suite was beautiful and the service throughout was impeccable.

I had a little breakfast and then was off for a wander. Took a car to the Atlantis, clambered onto the Monorail and visited the View on the 52nd floor offering an excellent view of the Palm and the Dubai skyline. Pre Dinner cocktails were superb in the club lounge watching the sunset. Then off to the Atlantis for Dinner at Ossiano. It was the most incredible meal I've ever had. The Chef is an absolute genius. Unfortunately he knows it. It's a very theatrical experience even before you consider the 65,000 sharks, rays and other assorted fish that are constantly swimming past you in a multi storey aquarium. Looking beyond the theatricals, the flavours and combinations were utterly out of this world.  It deserves a post on its own really but that will have to wait.There was an excellent bar there too, Arabian Terrace I believe. My pre-conception of Dubai was  if you dipped Blackpool in gold paint and knocked a few chandeliers up you wouldn't be far wrong. I Take it back.

I Think it was probably yesterday I flew to Delhi but I could be wrong. Ive had a full day tour today of Old and New Delhi today which I'll update later but have included a few holiday snaps for now of the journey so far(apparently in no particular order)!

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0028.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

DJI_0087.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I had a little breakfast and then was off for a wander. Took a car to the Atlantis, clambered onto the Monorail and visited the View on the 52nd floor offering an excellent view of the Palm and the Dubai skyline. Pre Dinner cocktails were superb in the club lounge watching the sunset. Then off to the Atlantis for Dinner at Ossiano. It was the most incredible meal I've ever had. The Chef is an absolute genius. Unfortunately he knows it. It's a very theatrical experience even before you consider the 65,000 sharks, rays and other assorted fish that are constantly swimming past you in a multi storey aquarium. Looking beyond the theatricals, the flavours and combinations were utterly out of this world.  It deserves a post on its own really but that will have to wait.There was an excellent bar there too, Arabian Terrace I believe. My pre-conception of Dubai was  if you dipped Blackpool in gold paint and knocked a few chandeliers up you wouldn't be far wrong. I Take it back.

I Think it was probably yesterday I flew to Delhi but I could be wrong. Ive had a full day tour today of Old and New Delhi today which I'll update later but have included a few holiday snaps for now of the journey so far(apparently in no particular order)!

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0028.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

DJI_0087.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

OMG !  The food presentation is just glorious!  I’ll have to enjoy the meal vicariously as I will never get there myself.  Thanks for the show.  Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Evening/Morning/Afternoon all. Well after an amazing (somewhere between 72 and 96 hours but I honestly can't quite work out how many right now) Ive finally found 10 minutes to sit down somewhere other than in a car, plane, airport train, lounge, boat or monorail for 10 minutes. I Set off for Dubai at Some point on Sunday and after a fairly good flight with Emirates and an hours sleep I arrived in Dubai I think probably on Monday. Met at the airport by the hotel driver and was whisked away in no time to Raffles the Palm. Check-in was seamless, they offer check in in the Club Lounge for Suite guests, in my room for around 9.00am, quick shower and ready to explore. The Hotel is absolutely stunning. The Suite was beautiful and the service throughout was impeccable.

I had a little breakfast and then was off for a wander. Took a car to the Atlantis, clambered onto the Monorail and visited the View on the 52nd floor offering an excellent view of the Palm and the Dubai skyline. Pre Dinner cocktails were superb in the club lounge watching the sunset. Then off to the Atlantis for Dinner at Ossiano. It was the most incredible meal I've ever had. The Chef is an absolute genius. Unfortunately he knows it. It's a very theatrical experience even before you consider the 65,000 sharks, rays and other assorted fish that are constantly swimming past you in a multi storey aquarium. Looking beyond the theatricals, the flavours and combinations were utterly out of this world.  It deserves a post on its own really but that will have to wait.There was an excellent bar there too, Arabian Terrace I believe. My pre-conception of Dubai was  if you dipped Blackpool in gold paint and knocked a few chandeliers up you wouldn't be far wrong. I Take it back.

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0019.JPG

DJI_0028.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

DJI_0087.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

Looks just like the SS salt lab!😉

• Haha 2

The road to Neemrana.
I Skipped breakfast this morning as I prefer my food cooked on a stove, not tickled on top of a radiator. Set off From Delhi at 10. Sometimes 2 hours in a car can be a bit boring. Not in India. Once we made it to the Highway it was anything but boring. The sights that you see on an Indian motorway remind you constantly of how different India is. Cows crossing the motorway, a dog making off with a chicken (not a plucked one), an overturned wagon, ladies carrying trees down the hard shoulder, camels pulling carts loaded with oil drums. The outside lane seems to be exclusively for the use of slow moving jalopy wagons racing on at speeds of nearly 20mph, daubed in catchy slogans from the Highway Code such as "Blow Horn", "use dippers at night" and "drive slow". Arrived in Rajasthan at the incredible Neemrana Fort Palace, a 15th century fortress built into the hills of Neemrana, it is utterly incredible and exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for on this trip. Just been out for a spin in the Hotel "Bentley" I'm not sure it really was though.My room is the quirkiest Ive ever seen, entered through a padlock door, and a twisty staircase. My Shower cubicle even has a door to waist height which opens onto a terrace overlooking the surrounding hills.

DJI_0236.JPG

DJI_0220.JPG

DJI_0223.JPG

DJI_0226.JPG

DJI_0228.JPG

DJI_0229.JPG

DJI_0235.JPG

DJI_0238.JPG

DJI_0240.JPG

DJI_0243.JPG

• Like 8