Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We're having a great time on our Ponant cruise through Indonesia. A couple of snorkeling stops, and a fantastic tour of Komodo NP so far. Here is a small sample.

DSCN1218.thumb.JPG.b5f95a5f8efe9f3ecf6ed1d877818781.JPG

DSCN1341.thumb.JPG.467e7af91e902f39f2da5ce3c94fc2d6.JPG

20230309_153818.thumb.jpg.0793fdb2eca5e47b5f855d2a2f921d50.jpg

20230309_210523.thumb.jpg.be0558b5883f85268332dc4f7fbf65b1.jpg

20230309_075520.thumb.jpg.351749ddb74d41abfaad076cd020b6e5.jpg

Impressively beautiful landscapes here. The time change has been tough but I think we're finally adjusted.

• Like 9

That looks like a gorgeous trip, jp.  And envying you the weather; round here it is snowing, and as usual in England things are grinding to a halt in places.  In particular where I am hoping to go tomorrow for a few days, further north and across the Pennines.

Looking forward to reading and seeing more about your cruise, and I imagine you are both being treated to some great French cuisine.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That looks like a gorgeous trip, jp.  And envying you the weather; round here it is snowing, and as usual in England things are grinding to a halt in places.  In particular where I am hoping to go tomorrow for a few days, further north and across the Pennines.

Looking forward to reading and seeing more about your cruise, and I imagine you are both being treated to some great French cuisine.

Lola

Hope it warms up soon for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mysty said:

WOW!  Now that's a pile upon pile upon pile of snow!

and it is still snowing hard. DH went out skiing and there are avalanche warnings, delayed opening, etc. I am staying home and making a chicken posole in the crockpot for a warm, cozy dinner tonight. 🙂 Spicy!

• Like 5

Am I allowed one of my periodic rants against BA? No? Well, I'm having one anyway. 

Booked BA Heathrow to Dublin for past Tuesday early afternoon and return today early afternoon. 

Outbound flight cancelled and transferred to one 2 hrs later. Offered the option to cancel but would lose my car park payment, hotel and transfers not to mention the dogs' kennels. Ah well, its only 2 hrs. 

Now sitting in Dublin Airport because our early pm flight back is now 19.45! I'm livid. Extra time parking, another night in the kennels for the dogs (thankfully they had space to keep them another night) and won't get home until the wee small hours. 

Once, just once, it would be nice to book BA flights that left on time and arrived on time. 

I shall, of course, as usual, write a snottogram to their PR dept. It will have no effect but will make me feel better. Travel is painful enough without the "World's Favourite Airline". You'd really think I'd have learnt by now. 

16 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

how about the roof?

We had some of it shoveled off yesterday. LOL! Early this morning we had 14 inches in 24 hrs and it is still snowing hard. Probably another 4 to 5 since early this morning has fallen. 

It is good for the rivers and the forests and helping to keep the forest fires low this year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Am I allowed one of my periodic rants against BA? No? Well, I'm having one anyway. 

Booked BA Heathrow to Dublin for past Tuesday early afternoon and return today early afternoon. 

Outbound flight cancelled and transferred to one 2 hrs later. Offered the option to cancel but would lose my car park payment, hotel and transfers not to mention the dogs' kennels. Ah well, its only 2 hrs. 

Now sitting in Dublin Airport because our early pm flight back is now 19.45! I'm livid. Extra time parking, another night in the kennels for the dogs (thankfully they had space to keep them another night) and won't get home until the wee small hours. 

Once, just once, it would be nice to book BA flights that left on time and arrived on time. 

I shall, of course, as usual, write a snottogram to their PR dept. It will have no effect but will make me feel better. Travel is painful enough without the "World's Favourite Airline". You'd really think I'd have learnt by now. 

My sympathies TTS!  Frustrations abound!  Luckily for the airline you can express yourself well without fisticuffs!  Hope your flight eventually leaves!

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

I know your feelings...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

BA has lots of company!

• Like 2