Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1.       The nicest thing about the future is . . . that it always starts tomorrow.

2. Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

3. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.

4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.

6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to

become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

7. Business conventions are important. . .because they demonstrate how many

people a company can operate without.

8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
9. Scratch a cat . . . and you will have a permanent job.

10. No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.

11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.

12. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m…

2.       like, it could be the right number.

13. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.

15. Be careful about reading the fine print. . . . there's no way you're going to like it.

16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.

17. Do you realize that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running

around with tattoos? (And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)

18. Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Cadillac than in a Yugo.

19. After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead.

20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind ..

. . and the ones that mind don't matter.

21. Life isn't tied with a bow . . . . . . . .. but it's still a gift.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Works hard for low pay, never complains, never takes a break!

Someone has actually sued a retailer who uses self-service check-outs claiming they are entitled to a discount for using a self-checkout because the retailer is making the customer its de-facto cashier/employee.  The suit was dismissed.

Here's the story:  https://couponsinthenews.com/2022/08/18/judge-tosses-albertsons-self-checkout-lawsuit/

Edited by dawntrdr
add link
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Our vacation started this way:

We were on a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo and from there to Milan last Friday. The flight from Rio to Sao Paulo was cancelled.

We were transferred to a flight from Rio to Porto, Porto to Lisbon, Lisbon to Milan later in the same day. The flight from Porto to Rio had a 3-hour delay and it wouldn’t be possible to get the connection to Milan.

So, we were transferred to a flight Rio to Lisbon and then to Milan, the next day. Got back home.

Finally, everything went smoothly and on Sunday we arride here.

Daughter came from NZ (27-hour flight from Auckland to Dubai to Milan) without any problem and enjoyed her day without us in a walking tour.

Tomorrow we are heading to Venice.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Lirio said:

We were on a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo and from there to Milan last Friday. The flight from Rio to Sao Paulo was cancelled.

We were transferred to a flight from Rio to Porto, Porto to Lisbon, Lisbon to Milan later in the same day. The flight from Porto to Rio had a 3-hour delay and it wouldn’t be possible to get the connection to Milan.

So, we were transferred to a flight Rio to Lisbon and then to Milan, the next day. Got back home.

Daughter came from NZ (27-hour flight from Auckland to Dubai to Milan) without any problem and enjoyed her day without us in a walking tour.

Glad you eventually got to Milan!  These days travel is not for the faint at heart!  Have a wonderful time in Venice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lirio said:

@jpalbny 

I swear that I tried to travel with only a carry-on, but I failed.

First of all, my daughter has an endless list of requests from Brazil….So the carry-on is all hers…

Second, I was very impressed with the long discussion about dress code, I brought several flip flops to match the colors of the clothes……

Third, I was very concerned about the chair hogs, I brought more books, more sunglasses and more socks…….

I will try harder next time.....

• Haha 15

Lirio, when you have time, could you please tell me if you know anything about the following stops in Brazil, we are doing a Buenos Aires to Rio Mar 2024. Itajai, Santos, Iiha Grande, Buzios, this is on Regent, also don't miss for Rio, we will be there 3 nights after the cruise.   

Anyone else who has been to those places, please jump in.  Thanks so much, other than BA these are all new ports for us.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Lirio, when you have time, could you please tell me if you know anything about the following stops in Brazil, we are doing a Buenos Aires to Rio Mar 2024. Itajai, Santos, Iiha Grande, Buzios, this is on Regent, also don't miss for Rio, we will be there 3 nights after the cruise.   

Anyone else who has been to those places, please jump in.  Thanks so much, other than BA these are all new ports for us.

I know them all! I will make some comments soon.

• Like 1

Santos has an interesting coffee museum.  If you want to go to a nice beach, head to Guarujá.  I remember it from the 1960's before it was built up, but the beach is still lovely.

Aside from the usual stops in Rio, be sure to go to the botanical gardens.  If you have time, go across the harbor to Niterói.  The Contemporary Art Museum is a wonderful piece of architecture designed by Oscar Neimeyer.  You can go east beyond Niteroi for spectacular views of Rio across the harbor. 

In both Santos and Niterói there are places where the hang gliders jump off the hill - not for the faint of heart.

• Like 2

We have met many of the Cruise Critic members and Cooler denizens on our travels.  To a one, they are the most amazing folks!

@jpalbny  and his beautiful wife Chris, @turtlemichael and Turtle2, @zqtchas and his beautiful wife, @DCCruiser57 and @HunEBear,  @Daveywavey70, @Emtbsams, @57 varieties, @Lifesgreat and his beautiful wife!

For our upcoming adventure we are looking forward to meeting @wendychandra, @JoGay, @profpeabody, @DRK0312, @wristband, @HappyLadyTravels, @mjbuckley, @burfies

@HappyCamper777 ! 

And hopefully in March 2025 @Stumblefoot and his beautiful wife.  

There are so many folks we would love to meet and/or sail with.  Hopefully the universe will conspire to make that happen!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Today we came to Venice by train. Daughter is so happy……It is her first time in Italy. We are doing the basic things. In Milan: Duomo, Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, Galeria Vittorio Emanuele.

Tomorrow is boarding date.  Cant wait to be at the Spirit.

• Like 8