Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Well DW we are now at home. happy to drive down to old brisbane town on Saturday night. Findit hard to find a half decent restaurant near North lakes so am making a few enquiries with the locals. if you have any preferences let us know.

My hotmail account is dr_ronnie.

Dot com? Happy with whatever you think best Dr Ron, I know it’s Australia Day weekend. No pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

i don’t know know which specialty restaurant those photos are from, but the plating looks far better than Atlantide.

That was Eden restaurant Portpower on the Edge last night. Superb meal. I’ve never been an MDR kinda guy and wasn’t keen on Atlantide. Different setup on here, they have 4included MDR but not MDR but they still are MDR. Several specialities too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Dot com? Happy with whatever you think best Dr Ron, I know it’s Australia Day weekend. No pressure. 

I’d also love to visit Scarborough (yours not ours) and wouldn’t break out in a rash If I got to visit Bee Gees alley!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’d also love to visit Scarborough (yours not ours) and wouldn’t break out in a rash If I got to visit Bee Gees alley!

I went to Scarborough Country Day School in the States - not far from Sing Sing prison.  The school was lovely but the lights would dim when the prison was executing someone!

8 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Well that settles it. not a fancy place but gets good reviews and is in Scarborough.

https://www.scarboroughharbourbc.com.au/

They have bookings available on Saturday from 4pm until 7.30pm. So decision one is how early you would like to eat. But there is another thing to consider a little further on in this post.

We can visit one of their boyhood homes on the way to the restaurant.

https://www.mustdobrisbane.com/visitor-info-arts-culture-history/bee-gees-house-scarborough

But the second decision will impact on the first decision. Would you like to visit Bee Gee alley before dinner or after dinner when there is a sound and light show. We might have to miss lunch!

https://www.mustdobrisbane.com/features/bee-gees-way-redcliffe

• Like 2

We will pick you up at your hotel. Is it still the BW North Lakes?

From there just 20 minutes to Bee Gees Way and 10 minutes to the restaurant. The boyhood home of the Bee Gees would be a drive past and is only a 100 metre deviation from the direct drive.

So pick up at 6.30 if you want a half hour at the Alley but we would be happy with 6pm for an hours visit or a bit longer drive.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, drron29 said:

We will pick you up at your hotel. Is it still the BW North Lakes?

From there just 20 minutes to Bee Gees Way and 10 minutes to the restaurant. The boyhood home of the Bee Gees would be a drive past and is only a 100 metre deviation from the direct drive.

So pick up at 6.30 if you want a half hour at the Alley but we would be happy with 6pm for an hours visit or a bit longer drive.

I Don’t want to be any trouble, I was going to get an Uber. Is it out of your way? If not 6.30 would be perfect! 

Usually I find disembarkation day quite sad. Not today, and not for the wrong reasons either. I Had a lovely stroll around Sydney up hill and down dale, such a wonderful city. Nice to explore on foot but todays humidity didn’t make for the easiest expedition. My digs here aren’t too bad. I Came back to wave my friends old and new off on their next sector. Got some nice footage of the Edge leaving port (4.00 departure due to Australia Day preparations).  Booked myself onto a Dinner cruise on the Clearview this evening and it was fabulous. I Had the best time. The Harbour was as still and serene as anything this evening. I Just wish I had a canon for those bloody awful party boats that have awful DJs and lighting from wish. Why blast the music outside the boat and ruin it for everybody else?  Tall ship tomorrow for the race for Australia Day. I Think it’s going to be another fine day. 

ABE2C560-EF98-476B-ABE5-A31E7AAE0911.jpeg

E2E50D6A-9F98-40F3-9FBC-1610C5899F47.jpeg

107AA23D-C086-4473-B83C-4AA882C7E75C.jpeg

5E74B1E6-58B4-46AE-84D5-BACC9E07C7A8.jpeg

06528B41-8FB5-4CE7-8E42-D2E7AA1FABAF.jpeg

1ABEECB5-4F00-4ACA-BDF2-D8CE39A7C01D.jpeg

E2E2757C-D4DB-45D6-8920-CE2C15DDFC46.jpeg

13F18A98-F7AB-499E-80D4-95C6589B807E.jpeg

CDA9EC50-8D73-40FB-9578-E2F32461647D.jpeg

84766F4C-FA2C-4663-B34F-EBBF52A08D87.jpeg

4F88909A-113F-4115-8ECA-BB1E467AC1D2.jpeg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I Don’t want to be any trouble, I was going to get an Uber. Is it out of your way? If not 6.30 would be perfect! 

Actually the hotel is about a 5 -10 minute deviation from our direct route to the restaurant at most so we are more than happy to pick you up at the hotel. Unfortunately I don't have a chauffeur's hat so I hope you don't mind.

5 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Actually the hotel is about a 5 -10 minute deviation from our direct route to the restaurant at most so we are more than happy to pick you up at the hotel. Unfortunately I don't have a chauffeur's hat so I hope you don't mind.

That’s really kind of you. I’ll try and pick up a hat in the gift shop on the way for you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every morning this week a cruise ship passed by my windown arriving in Montevideo. somedays 2. and in the evening sails away. I didnt expect so many cruises here. q

Tomorrow we are going to Punta Del Leste for the weekend and then back home in Rio. 

• Like 5