Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I have often wondered how much time she spent creating it and how much time rehearsing.  

It looks so slick and easy so probably a loooong time! 

• Like 1

Hi Coolers😃just booked a cruise! Going on the Moon in November on her TA crossing!😃Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Coolers😃just booked a cruise! Going on the Moon in November on her TA crossing!😃Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.

I always new it Lois ..once a silversea girl always a silversea girl... 🥂...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I always new it Lois ..once a silversea girl always a silversea girl... 🥂...

Hi, got a good price for a solo🙂 and it is 14 nights!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Great news for you ... Thought about a TA but still not sure about the long sea days ... We are on the spirit ( still one of our favourites) in Oct around the Mediterranean & dawn next Nov doing the canaries... ( Stay pretty close to home after my diagnosis of myeloma 10 years & just had second stem cell transplant in January..)..! Just waiting for hair to come back 😂... Please keep me posted how it goes ... Keep enjoying yourself Lois ... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Great news for you ... Thought about a TA but still not sure about the long sea days ... We are on the spirit ( still one of our favourites) in Oct around the Mediterranean & dawn next Nov doing the canaries... ( Stay pretty close to home after my diagnosis of myeloma 10 years & just had second stem cell transplant in January..)..! Just waiting for hair to come back 😂... Please keep me posted how it goes ... Keep enjoying yourself Lois ... 

we will see you in October.  We get on in Southampton and off in Athens.

34 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I think our friends in the ping pong crowd will be on board.  Some of them are solos.

20 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I think our friends in the ping pong crowd will be on board.  Some of them are solos.

Too funny, that was the first time I ever even went to the Ping Pong area.....can you believe that cruise was nearly a year ago? Where has the time gone?

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

We are booked on that one too as the 3rd leg.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

We are booked on that one too as the 3rd leg.

Awesome! Look forward to meeting you😃 There is a roll call started if you want to stop by and say hello.

11 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Purely from originality and creativity viewpoint “Tilted by Christine and The Queens” seems to me to be extraordinary.

Jeff

A "Gesamtkunstwerk" (total work of art?) for sure. As a concept reminds me of Kate Bush whom I absolutely adore.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

A "Gesamtkunstwerk" (total work of art?) for sure. As a concept reminds me of Kate Bush whom I absolutely adore.

Now you mention it - I see the connection!

Obviously being rudely nosey - so please ignore - but have you always lived in Switzerland?

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

On 6/13/2024 at 5:35 PM, UKCruiseJeff said:

One performance we think unique.   I never really got into opera or Pav but this performance is extraordinary and he seems to go into a zone that isn’t worldly. He really is somewhere else as the performance progresses.   At the end of this performance he looked like he realised it might be the best one of his life.  We cannot listen to it without being moved.

My favorite.  Bocelli in NYC is a close second.

I am fortunate and live in Las Vegas where we get ridiculous local talent for small $.  One of our favorite groups is this one.  Here's an instrumental Nessum Dorma.  Not sure how to embed it but here's a linky.

https://youtu.be/NJXjn2PUWEo?si=dVVadjZwBfIJ686b

15 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Well I went to see the Dawn which is already in Oslo before I board tomorrow. I checked out the bus route and I now know where I need to get off to board. Looking forward to it!

It’s a lovely day in Oslo today. The sun is out and the temperature feels a bit warmer than it is. 

My wife and I love Oslo.  Wonderful people and a beautiful city.

Edited by admranger
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, admranger said:

My favorite.  Bocelli in NYC is a close second.

I am fortunate and live in Las Vegas where we get ridiculous local talent for small $.  One of our favorite groups is this one.  Here's an instrumental Nessum Dorma.  Not sure how to embed it but here's a linky.

https://youtu.be/NJXjn2PUWEo?si=dVVadjZwBfIJ686b

My wife and I love Oslo.  Wonderful people and a beautiful city.

Lovely performance!

admranger- LV  …. you lucky thing!  

Great and inexpensive top notch music and diverse residencies AND some great buffets!  

My nomination for the best live performance by a band  of their own hit is this extraordinary performance by The Eagles of Hotel California.  7 guitars (2 of which are acoustic!) with 6 guitarists (Don Felder with his double-head Gibson Les Paul and EDS 1275 with a total of 18 strings!)  two drummers.  So many pluckers and thumpers!  😄  Almost an orchestra.  

Don was fired later for being too argumentative - so they lost two guitars in one hit! 😉

Hope you enjoy this performance.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, V8Babe said:

Absolutely love the Eagles Jeff, been fortunate to see them 5 times.  Thanks for sharing.

Good Grief!  

I don’t know about others, but I’ve found later in life I hear music now that I didn’t fully appreciate at the time.  Eagles were not on my radar then and are in that group.  

What do you think of this particular performance?  Was it their best?

Jeff

Amazing performance!

But I guess as they ‘matured’ so did their concerts.

Songs still brilliant but have changed over the years.  My late, darling Jeff, said to me more than once,  ‘what, you want to see them again?’ Answer was always, yes!!

Never tire of listening to them x

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, V8Babe said:

Amazing performance!

But I guess as they ‘matured’ so did their concerts.

Songs still brilliant but have changed over the years.  My late, darling Jeff, said to me more than once,  ‘what, you want to see them again?’ Answer was always, yes!!

Never tire of listening to them x

You had your own Jeff!  

Jeff’s are best.

🙂