Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

My photos are nothing close to what JP posted but I am going to try to attach a few of them.

The picture of the drink was the"House Special". It was gin but I can't recall the mixer part....but it was delicious!

Lovely photos of your ‘Girlie’ trip Lois….thanks for posting 😊

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

My photos are nothing close to what JP posted but I am going to try to attach a few of them.

The picture of the drink was the"House Special". It was gin but I can't recall the mixer part....but it was delicious!

L,

Your piccies are of a lady exploring, finding friendship and having fun and honouring the Cooler with the sharing of it all.  And I think that is lovely.  🙂

Jeff

• Like 2

Wow, we have now got some corkers for Glasto next year (although sadly a few who would only be able to make it if heaven allowed it).   I have to admit beautiful harmonising is one of things I love - the Beach Boys, the Eagles, etc.  And a memorable melody of course.  I truly believe that it is not just the sentimentality of my old age which makes them sound so good, but that with a few exceptions the stuff turned out shows much less talent.

Lois, that looks like a gorgeous trip, with unbelievable scenery plus good food and drink and good  friends - what more could anyone want.  I have just had a lunch out with a friend of over 40 years, we 'harmonise' in our own way.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Good one WWT.  I'm still getting over he thinks my wife only went for me because of my legs... 😉

Has she ever said otherwise?  Anyway that’s what she told me.  😆

Yesterday we decided to give The Poop Deck a miss and had our frothy coffee, apple tart with cold custard and Calvados is the MDR.  

Jeff

IMG_6257.jpeg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I found that the hair rather took my attention away from his tennis. 

They have dress rules.  About time for some hair rules?  😊

Jeff

Oh Lordy….another reason for me to feel old!

Was so lucky to get tickets for Wimbledon last year, great seats three rows from the front on court 1….it was amazing and so well organised. 😊

• Like 1

Has any other UK Coolers attempted to complete the latest versions of LPA's which we're being urged to do?

OK. 

I am grudgingly willing to pay £328 for the bits of paper from the government for the four LPAs a couple must complete. Why charge so much?  We are poor people!  :classic_wink:

But why do they then make it so impossible to complete particularly for the inevitably older people in a way that it is that people will almost all will sign them in the wrong order.  It is ridiculous. I do not believe that  anything like 10% will complete them unproblematically without having to try again

I struggled to simply generate the forms so I asked my daughter to help me as she is both my wonderful lovely clever daughter but happens also to be an experienced senior admired corporate lawyer who immediately took them over and agreed to complete them for me.  Even with all the resources available to her she struggled and found it incomprehensible.  For example in  very small letters in guidance sheets elsewhere they insist that black ink MUST be used for signatures and the sheets must not be clipped together!  For four large documents sent in a single pack?  What could possibly go wrong. And when you submit them and they reject them you pay £328 again from scratch.

Some voddy now straight from the bottle.  Cut out the middleman, that's what I say.  😄

And later will be sea bream and oil and lemon and more wine than I should drink.

😊

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

38 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Don't you start! 

Oh leave me alone to me voddy!

😄

Is it just me that’s noticed?  It’s weird how the undertone of angriness amongst Silversea customers posting generally on CC across all threads but lately sometimes even the Cooler has increased lately isn’t it!

😆

At one time everyone on SS CC seemed to be smiling and happy and friendly and now they seem to be increasingly glum  and angry and joining in gangs to conspire to bayonet the innocent. 🤔

I hope that we collectively ensure that The Cooler always remains the place that most people first joined it for and not become little gangs. We will see. 

🙂

Jeff

Maybe we are all getting a bit too stressed out with the state of the world; British politics at present - and the problems with a LPA.  I remember that one from last year, more than enough to drive anyone to the vodka without anything else.  By the time it has been sorted you could  be too late to be suitably compos mentis, at least that is what I feared .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Afternoon  Cooler Eaters!

Today was dream bream with the new exciting olive oil and lemon with my cauliflower cheese and mash potato bake with PEAS! for Spins and some house white. 

The oil is good.  And again The Boss has told me I can sit on the Good Boy step. Happy Days.

🙂

Jeff

IMG_6266.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Maybe we are all getting a bit too stressed out with the state of the world; British politics at present - and the problems with a LPA.  I remember that one from last year, more than enough to drive anyone to the vodka without anything else.  By the time it has been sorted you could  be too late to be suitably compos mentis, at least that is what I feared .

I think we all get stressed out with the state of the world as nothing is simple these days…

It’s commonly assumed that we all have access to a computer..

One has great difficulty speaking to a human when problems arise with utilities and all else…

Last year my bank account was hacked…took me over three days to get a result from the fraud department..

My solicitor dealt with my LPA, even that was complicated to a degree and cost me £1200…

As for ‘Apps’ everything from train tickets to theatre bookings…just scan one’s mobile….l only use my mobile for peace of mind that should l find myself in difficulty l can call for help…..

It is indeed a crazy world….maybe l should keep up more 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

I think we all get stressed out with the state of the world as nothing is simple these days…

It’s commonly assumed that we all have access to a computer..

One has great difficulty speaking to a human when problems arise with utilities and all else…

Last year my bank account was hacked…took me over three days to get a result from the fraud department..

My solicitor dealt with my LPA, even that was complicated to a degree and cost me £1200…

As for ‘Apps’ everything from train tickets to theatre bookings…just scan one’s mobile….l only use my mobile for peace of mind that should l find myself in difficulty l can call for help…..

It is indeed a crazy world….maybe l should keep up more 😉

One of the things I find bewildering is the number of times I receive stuff  - almost daily it seems - from large organisations that send out something to all customers  but then send an apology for some error or other.  It seems that even with an advancing society things aren’t checked any more. 

Jeff

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I fear for our LPAs.  

Wife is out next week for lunch with my solicitor daughter for her to sign as alternate attorney declarations and have it witnessed at her nearby office by a colleague.  

I’m hoping they do all this before the cocktails.

Jeff

• Like 1

Glad to hear Miss Sophia that I am not the only Luddite around here.  My mobile is a 'pay as you go'  job, and only used when I am out and no one I am with has one, so just for emergency purposes.  As I therefore cannot do apps.my GPs  have almost given up on me, but of course I can phone them and be no. 7 in the queue, as also happened last week with BT when I had to renew my contract.  I must have spent nearly  an hour listening to the most awful muzak you have ever heard and actually got cut off by them at one point.  This is British Telecom I am talking about!  Then got answered by someone whose accent was almost impossible to follow, doing the usual reading quickly in singsong from their written patter.  I hate saying I can't understand you, but really they should not go to the furthest corners of Britain/the Commonwealth for their advisers - not for what they charge us.  And yes, by phone was the only way to sort it, not allowed to do it online. 

However, I think our lack of up to date equipment keeps us more human, and more likely to be in touch by conversations or meetings with our friends and family  and therefore is to the general good of our emotional health.   So there.

• Like 4