hints and tips for getting the most out of our first time on Ovation of the Seas?

korky1

Sailing on Ovation of the Seas end of November 14 night cruise round New Zealand. Can't find anywhere on Cruise Planner to book North Star. If it doesn't come up on Cruise Planner before we cruise can I book it as soon as we get on the ship? I have booked Pixels through Cruise Planner. Any tips or hints on getting the most from our experience on Ovation? We are Diamond members.

Thanks for any advice.

We're on the same cruise. All I could book was Pixels. From what I read you need to book North Star and I fly when you get on board.

Not long to go now.

We have a week in Singapore pre cruise, can't wait.

Probably a bit early for the bookings for iFly (need to book - very popular) and Northstar. Just keep checking your cruise planner.

If the Northstar is booked out quickly, as it does, you can try to book through Royal iQ app first day onboard. We did that successfully. Otherwise, they take no bookings for port days - just check the opening times on the cruise compass for port days for the Northstar and get there early.

We really enjoyed 270 at the back of the ship and the cafe there.

If you’re cruising on/after 28th Nov, you will have a terrific cruise director, Joff. Don’t miss his progressive trivia - great fun.

I cruised on her last year Singapore - Sydney. Neither iFly nor Northstar ever came online for booking. I downloaded the Royal IQ app and booked that way as soon as we boarded. You can also just go to the locations once you board and book there.

My other tips - we enjoyed lunch most days in the 270 lounge. Great views and the cafe there does Sandwiches, soup and salads. Sometimes pies also.

Wonderland restaurant was an amazing experience and definitely worth doing. My favourite dish was the buffalo eggs.

The bionic bar is fun. Peach schnapps with Sprite :) Jason was the bartender when we were onboard and will help you work it all out.

Have fun!

We were on the April 2017 sailing from Singapore and we were able to book the Ifly (had already done Northstar on the Anthem in 2016 and really don’t need to ever do it again) on the Ovation.

I was able to book IFly for day two of our sailing on January/30/2017 using cruise planner. I am reasonably certain it was only available for about a week. Got clued in from our roll call here at CC. So, if you haven’t joined your roll call you should. We were able to book it a couple or more times with help from the diamond lounge concierge. It is extremely popular and is booked pretty full once you get on board.

JC

We were on Ovation from Sydney to Singapore this year and was able to book both Northstar and IFly online. I would suggest to just keep checking. Also you can often get on to Northstar by simply lining up without a booking. They like to fill spots as there are generally "no shows" for each booking timeslot. Hang out at the Northstar bar and you will be able to tell when/if the queues are big or not. Happy sailing...you'll love Ovation!

I cruised on her last year Singapore - Sydney. Neither iFly nor Northstar ever came online for booking. I downloaded the Royal IQ app and booked that way as soon as we boarded. You can also just go to the locations once you board and book there.

My other tips - we enjoyed lunch most days in the 270 lounge. Great views and the cafe there does Sandwiches, soup and salads. Sometimes pies also.

Wonderland restaurant was an amazing experience and definitely worth doing. My favourite dish was the buffalo eggs.

The bionic bar is fun. Peach schnapps with Sprite :) Jason was the bartender when we were onboard and will help you work it all out.

Have fun!

What are buffalo eggs?

What are buffalo eggs?

They were prepared like a hard boiled egg, but the yolk had been removed and creamed up with buffalo flavouring. They were served in a large cloche and smoke came out when the waiter took the cover off - very theatrical! And delicious