Viking hair dryer question

waterbug123

Sailing on Viking for the first time soon. As anyone who has been on large cruise ships such as Royal/Celebrity knows, the provided hair dryers aren't very good, and people often recommend bringing your own. Can anyone who has specifically been on both Viking and Royal or Celebrity tell me how the hair dryers compare? Just need to know what to expect. Thanks!

I find them adequate

BTW You are not allowed to use your own hairdryer on board

No heat producing hair styling products are permitted. They are a fire hazard.

From the Viking Rivers FAQ (buried in a question about the Electrical Voltage in the cabins but not mentioned in the question about Hair Dryers):

Please note that heat-producing appliances, such as irons, steamers, curling irons and heaters, are potential safety hazards and therefore not permitted on board. Hair dryers are provided on board and in our hotels so you likely do not need to bring one with you.

Thank you both. But I'm still wondering if someone can answer my actual question, re: how do the hair dryers compare to those on RC/Celebrity, which I find don't work as well as "regular" hair dryers one would buy at home. I'm assuming they're the same on Viking but also know never to assume LOL. Please note that I said nothing about bringing one from home, just want to know what to expect from the provided hair dryer, i.e. is it the usual "weaker" hair dryer one typically finds on a cruise ship? Saying it was "adequate" doesn't tell me much, as I don't know what that means to you. The ones on RC/X are also "adequate" in that one could certainly get by with them, but they take longer to dry my hair. I'd like to know what to expect, as it affects how I plan to do my hair and which specific hair products (styling sprays, that kind of thing) that I might bring. Thanks!