Journeys Cruises

newbie18

We are on the same cruise. Check out another popular social media site lots of cruiser events going on... cabin crawl, slot pull, cocktail party, meet & greet etc. Also check out the roll call for this cruise here on CC.

This is our second Glory Journey's Cruise. I believe the menus are pretty much the same as other cruises. I do remember a mid night buffet. I believe there was a white night or 80's night & sometimes they bring back some of the old games such as horse racing. I don't know if what I have mention goes on all the journey cruises or maybe certain ships.

Edited by bettyboop16

We will be cruising on the Glory in February - a 12 day Journeys cruise. Has anyone been on a Journeys cruise? What are the menus like? Can anyone explain the different themes/events on such a cruise? Thanks!

Depending on how many sea days the cruise has between ports the normal seaday brunch will alternate with the old breakfast only and lunch only MDR open seating. The dinner menus for the first 7-8 days will be the typical American Table and Feast menus they normally have. After that they just start mixing up popular entrees from several previous menus then add in something newish or a guest chef's special to try to keep it from seeming to repeat. The one really different menu will be on the Throwback Seaday where they pull out one of the formal night menus from that era.

There is really no themes to the cruise except for the 80's Throwback Seaday, at least that are evident by people wearing special clothing for the day. The Electric White Dance party will still be a happy hour in the dance club, the Glow party will still only be an hour long Lido Deck party.

For the Throwback seaday you might see officers and entertainment staff (& select service crew) wearing uniforms styles from the 1980's, and many of the passengers will pick fashions from then as well. In the FunTimes much of the normal trivia, name that tune, and other current activities will be done centering around that decade. Little odd activities like the big hair do-up might be offered in the atrium. Also deck games like horse racing will be listed on a special edition of the Carnival Capers. It will also be The Captain's Gala Formal Night complete with the midnight grand buffet in the MDR. Viewing starts at 11pm (with passengers lining up as early as 10:30), and buffet service following promptly at midnight.

To spread out the activities they tend to split things like the Fun On Board, Fun On Ashore seminars into 2 different segments. (In part with the added ports it would be way too long.) They will also hold free enrichment classes, like marine astro navigation, improving your social media presence, and better digital photograph w/ your own phone or camera. For once these are not sales pitches for on board services, though the speaker may offer a book they wrote or additional online classes for sale before or after the seminar. They will also offer more of some things like the cooking demos and dance classes.

We did a Journeys cruise a couple of years ago and had a blast. There was an 80s party in the nightclub complete with great tunes (that the young staff switched to rap at the end of an hour and promptly cleared the floor and club). I had to laugh because at the MDR, it looked like a hover-round convention. In other words, at 51, I was YOUNG!!

We had fun and I pack our 80s gear for each cruise now.

They also offer "arts and crafts" on sea days. I think it's at 9am. It will be posted in the Fun Times. Frog racing at the pool. And they have a Captain's cocktail party for the WHOLE ship. Two different times. I think it was 4:45-5:30 and another 6:45-7:30 so you can go to whichever one fits into your dining time.

Many of the perks of a Journeys cruise depend on the destination.

For example on my Journeys cruise to Hawaii there were several unique cultural shows on board...

[YOUTUBE]0-QheJOHr5E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]80hcu91CwnY[/YOUTUBE]