Multi Embarkation Cruise

Bases5

We are cruising the The Med 10 day cruise and every port is a embarkation.

How do they do muster drills.

Do they do one everyday.

Do you debark from a different area than people going ashore Shore excursion.

I’m sure they have it down to a science, just trying to get a feel for it

These sailings usually have a port of call that is what I would say the “main” port of the sailing. For example Genoa rather than Marseille.

Embarking on a main port means the full drill. Sailing from a secondary port means a briefing (with you jacket) in the theatre. About the same duration, but you are seated until you need to put the jacket on.

There are indeed designated exits and entrances for new and other pax.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Zephyr173
Typo

Unlike the Caribbean cruises, MSC embarks and disembarks cruise passengers from most ports of call (if not all). As mentioned, secondary ports will have briefing vs full muster drill from major ports. You will hear muster drill announcements (in at least 5 languages) every afternoon. Obviously, only those who have embarked for the day will need to go to the muster drill. If you got off the ship (for excursion or DIY excursion), the muster drill will be completed by the time you came back. Don't be alarmed if you see some pax wearing their life jackets when you come back into the ship.

we were on the Magnifica earlier this year and i don't think they work. On the last night of our cruise which turned out to be the first formal night of those who go on in Hamburg was also muster people were up and down in formal dress whilst others were wondering round with life jackets.

it was more like a ferry than a cruise.

We didn't needed our life wests for the muster drill on Meraviglia last summer.

All of the lines do it differently, and maybe it also varies by ship, but on the two MSC cruises I have taken previously the drill consisted of gathering in designated lounges. We didn't go out on the deck at all, and the presentation covered lots of topics- not just your normal "muster drill" information.

Unlike the Caribbean cruises, MSC embarks and disembarks cruise passengers from most ports of call (if not all). As mentioned, secondary ports will have briefing vs full muster drill from major ports. You will hear muster drill announcements (in at least 5 languages) every afternoon. Obviously, only those who have embarked for the day will need to go to the muster drill. If you got off the ship (for excursion or DIY excursion), the muster drill will be completed by the time you came back. Don't be alarmed if you see some pax wearing their life jackets when you come back into the ship.

I have just returned from a MSC Cruise in the Med and no pax is wearing life jackets anymore during the muster drill. Announcement in 5 languages only in the major ports, on this cruise Genova and Barcelona.

I was on Sinfonia in June. We got on in Venice, which is where most people did too. We did have our muster drill on the deck and we did wear our life jackets. On other days, I saw people carrying their life jackets for their muster drills as well, but I did not notice if they also went to the deck or if they went somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

The advantages we feel of multi port embarkation are.

Less crowded embarkation and disembarkation.

Different exits used for people exploring the port, to people disembarking.

You don’t get everybody going to bed early on final night.

Safety drill. Is usually in one of the lounges so doesn’t interfere with people not required to go.