Sailing excursion - Freeport or Nassua

grozas

Wife wants to do the luxury sailing excursion and it is offered in both Nassua and Freeport. I been to both ports years ago, but I believe Nassua to be the best for shopping and beaches. So I am leaning to booking the excursion at Freeport, but a sail boat ride around Paradise Island would be nice.

Looking for someone that can recommend sailing at one port or the other.

Anyone remember the old Yellowbird boat in Nassau. I can't seem to find it on any search. Used to be a great excursion. But we are talking back in the old SS Norway days.

Guess I am leaning toward the sailboat in Freeport.

Not much at Freeport except oil tanks and cement plant. Sounds like a great excursion for there. OTOH, lots to do in Nassau.

We did a kayak excursion in Freeport that was great. Also had a couple hours on an undeveloped beach...that was very cool...no chairs, no buoys, no docks or floats...just the us and the ocean. One of our favorite excursions ever.

We did the luxury sailing at Nassau. It was amazing and highly recommend. We chose the glass bottom boat excursion at Freeport and was pleased with it, but the luxury sailboat at Nassau was absolutely the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a kayak excursion in Freeport that was great. Also had a couple hours on an undeveloped beach...that was very cool...no chairs, no buoys, no docks or floats...just the us and the ocean. One of our favorite excursions ever.

We loved the Kayak excursion and time on Gold Rock Beach too! There doesn't seem to be much in walking distance for Freeport, but some really nice options away from the port.

We did the luxury sailing at Nassau. It was amazing and highly recommend. We chose the glass bottom boat excursion at Freeport and was pleased with it, but the luxury sailboat at Nassau was absolutely the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nassau has a lot to offer as DIY, but if I have want a specific experience I will choose the port that offers the best experience. If nothing else jumps out for you at Nassau I'd probably book there (and if weather is poor and causes a cancellation, you can still DIY).

I would work backwards on this one. Do you plan to do any other excursions? There are some gems in both Freeport and Nassau, even though they are constantly ripped on. If you find something you want to do in one, then I'd use the process of elimination to do the cruise for the remaining port.