2 Issues with NCL need advice Issue#1

realtorgranny

I traveled on 2 separate bookings on a TA/MED B2B in April. The first half accumulated double Rewards points and, when completed, I would make Platinum. For the 2nd half of my B2B I received my new Platinum keycard (on the 2nd day of B2B) and the benefits of the Platinum Rewards. So far no problem. But yesterday I reviewed my Cruise history and the double points, for my first part, are not there. I called NCL and after 1.5 hours and speaking to 5 different reps I was told that the points for my first half were not double. How could that happen? After the first cruise I needed the double points to make Platinum before taking the 2nd part of my B2B with my new Platinum status on my keycard. I was told NCL does not upgrade levels until it is reviewed by the home office so I had to have my status reviewed before they gave me my new key card. I still have my key card showing Platinum status but unfortunately I shredded the cruise docs after making certain that all the accounting and charges were correct. Any suggestions? Having 15 additional points removed makes a large difference.

I traveled on 2 separate bookings on a TA/MED B2B in April. The first half accumulated double Rewards points and, when completed, I would make Platinum. For the 2nd half of my B2B I received my new Platinum keycard (on the 2nd day of B2B) and the benefits of the Platinum Rewards. So far no problem. But yesterday I reviewed my Cruise history and the double points, for my first part, are not there. I called NCL and after 1.5 hours and speaking to 5 different reps I was told that the points for my first half were not double. How could that happen? After the first cruise I needed the double points to make Platinum before taking the 2nd part of my B2B with my new Platinum status on my keycard. I was told NCL does not upgrade levels until it is reviewed by the home office so I had to have my status reviewed before they gave me my new key card. I still have my key card showing Platinum status but unfortunately I shredded the cruise docs after making certain that all the accounting and charges were correct. Any suggestions? Having 15 additional points removed makes a large difference.

Don't you still have the email with attached Confirmation pdf?

ISSUE #2. With my points from the 2nd part of B2B I have enough to be Platinum without the issues above. So this brings me to my next issue. I am booked on another NCL cruise in Dec. I elected my 2 perks to be UBP and Specialty Dining (10 day cruise is 4 nights). I attempted to book the 4 Specialty Dining and 2 Platinum dinners. For a total of 6 dinners. So far I have a confirmation for 5 dinner reservations with $0 charged. So how come I can’t get the 6th one reserved? So I called NCL and was told I have to wait till I board to make our last reservation. My problem is I have already have 5 of 6 completed. I can understand that maybe it would only let me do the 4 perk reservations and nothing additional, which would be the 2 Platinum, but I made a 5th reservation with no charge so my file must recognize that I have more than the 4 Perks for free. Any suggestions?

ISSUE #2. With my points from the 2nd part of B2B I have enough to be Platinum without the issues above. So this brings me to my next issue. I am booked on another NCL cruise in Dec. I elected my 2 perks to be UBP and Specialty Dining (10 day cruise is 4 nights). I attempted to book the 4 Specialty Dining and 2 Platinum dinners. For a total of 6 dinners. So far I have a confirmation for 5 dinner reservations with $0 charged. So how come I can’t get the 6th one reserved? So I called NCL and was told I have to wait till I board to make our last reservation. My problem is I have already have 5 of 6 completed. I can understand that maybe it would only let me do the 4 perk reservations and nothing additional, which would be the 2 Platinum, but I made a 5th reservation with no charge so my file must recognize that I have more than the 4 Perks for free. Any suggestions?

Is your 6th meal that you are trying to book Teppenyaki or Moderno?

The system doesn’t recognise the platinum meals, but you can still book them due to most places being a la carte and therefore having no upfront charge. Therefore you need to book places like Teppenyaki or Moderno first, so the system thinks that it will be covered by the SDP.

The link in my signature gives more details on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we received the Platinum benefits as well as having the card. We received the Welcome Back note card with the dinner vouchers and laundry service vouchers attached. We used both. We drank the wine and the water we received. We also received the discount on the photos we purchased.

Apparently, NCL Latitudes sometimes makes mistakes (!:eek:)

I had around 130 or so Latitudes points, and was a Platinum, when they expanded the program into two higher levels. When I booked my next cruise, they gave me Platinum Plus status by error. On board, they even gave me a Platinum Plus card, and extra benefits. When I got back home, they did increase my points earned for that cruise, but they corrected their earlier error, and 'downgraded me' to the Platinum level. There isn't really much difference between those two levels perks, so I was not concerned, one way or the other. Soon enough, I'll reach 'Plus' status correctly....:)

Just because it let you reserve the restaurants without charging you doesn't mean the system is registering you are platinum. You can reserve a la carte restaurants like Cagneys for free, since there's no way to charge you anything for that because they don't know what you are going to get. Hopefully you get this issue resolved.