Day pass for a couple with no kids suggestions

alabamajenn

Looking to book a day pass when we port in MONTEGO bay, Hyatt Silva looks amazing and is adults only but seems expensive for five hours!!! Anyone have and suggestions or info for resort day passes, please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

WE are also looking at resort for a day.  Coming into Ocho Rios.. in Jan.  Narrowed down to Jewel Dunn's River Beach (All Adult)   or  Jewel Runaway Bay Beach (Family friendly with water park).

Beaches....One review says Dunn's has a small rocky beach.  Does anyone know which is the better beach??

Food /Drink... Runaway has food/drink earlier.  Dunns opens ll and 12 for food.

We don't have little kids,so is there an area away from the kid activity at Runaway?

Please help me with this decision....   We are in port 8-4

On 12/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, Travel Mom said:

WE are also looking at resort for a day.  Coming into Ocho Rios.. in Jan.  Narrowed down to Jewel Dunn's River Beach (All Adult)   or  Jewel Runaway Bay Beach (Family friendly with water park).

Beaches....One review says Dunn's has a small rocky beach.  Does anyone know which is the better beach??

Food /Drink... Runaway has food/drink earlier.  Dunns opens ll and 12 for food.

We don't have little kids,so is there an area away from the kid activity at Runaway?

Please help me with this decision....   We are in port 8-4

When are you going? I will be at Jewel Dunn"s River for a day pass on Jan 22nd. If you are going after that I will try

and post how we made out there.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, reno3 said:

When are you going? I will be at Jewel Dunn"s River for a day pass on Jan 22nd. If you are going after that I will try

and post how we made out there.

Did you book your pass directly with the hotel? Are you taking a taxi there? I am considering this when we go the last week of January.

7 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

Did you book your pass directly with the hotel? Are you taking a taxi there? I am considering this when we go the last week of January.

I booked with Resort for a day. The day pass includes transportation to the resort and back to the port.

• 3 weeks later...

We are back from our cruise and we went to Jewel Dunn's River for the resort for a day. It was a little unorganized at the port when we got off the ship. Our paperwork said to look for a person with a sign for Resort for a day. There was no one there with a sign. There was a woman taking names and what tour you were doing and then we waited until she called all the people for your tour and you followed a driver to the bus and off we went. Once at the resort the person at the counter seemed surprised that there were 48 people on the bus coming in. We were told to go into a closed bar area and they would come in shortly. They did come in and we all had to then sign waivers and pay and get wrist bands. If you pay by cash you went to a different person and it went quicker. Once that was done we were off to find loungers, drinks, eats, etc. The weather wasn't the best, very cloudy and windy. We tried to sit at the beach but much to windy and getting sand in the face, the water was very rough also and really couldn't go in beyond your knees. We moved to loungers by the pool and not so windy. They had a couple of bars open and no problem getting drinks. We went to the bar a couple of times and orders from the waiter a couple of times. The grill was open for burgers/wraps/chicken/fries. There was also pizza in the afternoon and a buffet (we did not go to the buffet). They also had a coffee bar and BIG chocolate chip cookies...yummy!! The food was good and plenty of it. The drinks were also good and plenty of them also. I had read some comments on TA about the locals that hang at the fence at the edge of the property and try to sell you stuff. I did see a couple of people there but the beach is big enough so you don't have to sit near the fence and not be bothers. They also had some pool games and music at the pool. The beach had a volleyball net also. They had two pools and they were always cleaning out the leaves etc that was blowing into the pools because of the wind. All of the workers at the resort were friendly and helpful. The bus came back and picked us all up at 3:00. The bus did drop off a couple of people for shopping on our way back (they had to find their own way back to the ship). It was a good day and I would recommend this resort. 

DSCF2265.JPG

DSCF2266.JPG

DSCF2269.JPG

DSCF2273.JPG

DSCF2297.JPG

DSCF2300.JPG

DSCF2271.JPG