Question about priority boarding on Premier Cruise out of Miami

cruisemein

On our previous premier cruise out of Galveston our boarding passes had priority on the boarding pass. I just printed our boarding passes for our premier cruise on the Horizon out of Miami and priority, nor the premier, are not on there. I called Carnival and was told that premier would have their own line. Now in Galveston as you approached the entrance to the terminal, you were divided into 2 lines, priority and non priority by a Carnival Agent checking boarding passes, but Carnival stated that I would just get in the premier line in Miami. Well there's nothing on my boarding pass that says I'm priority or premier, but they said my name would be on the premier list. Any experienced premier passengers out of Miami please chime in as I really enjoyed the priority boarding and don't want to be told "sorry sir you are in the wrong line, get over there in that long line".

Wedding Guests, then combined Diamond/Platinum, then FTTF and finally Premier is the boarding sequence in Miami, at least the times I've been there.

There should be a seperate check in for Premier as well as a discrete seating area to wait in. Premiers will board before any Zone #'s are called.

On our previous premier cruise out of Galveston our boarding passes had priority on the boarding pass. I just printed our boarding passes for our premier cruise on the Horizon out of Miami and priority, nor the premier, are not on there. I called Carnival and was told that premier would have their own line. Now in Galveston as you approached the entrance to the terminal, you were divided into 2 lines, priority and non priority by a Carnival Agent checking boarding passes, but Carnival stated that I would just get in the premier line in Miami. Well there's nothing on my boarding pass that says I'm priority or premier, but they said my name would be on the premier list. Any experienced premier passengers out of Miami please chime in as I really enjoyed the priority boarding and don't want to be told "sorry sir you are in the wrong line, get over there in that long line".

We have never sailed a Premier cruise, but we are Platinum so our boarding passes say "Priority" on them.

In Miami, I've only seen the VIP (Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF) line and general check-in line. I have not seen a Premier line nor a port employee, who works for the port authority and NOT the cruise lines, with lists of names. They did scrutinize boarding passes the last two times we sailed out of Miami and pulled people with later Arrival Appointment times out of line to wait until later.

I suggest you contact the person with whom you booked the cruise, not Carnival.

Thanks for the replies. I called Carnival just now and got a hold of someone that seemed to be more knowledgeable (however I did speak to 3 different people the first time I called which all seemed clueless) and was told that because this was a premier plus cruise and was booked with a group, the group will not be closed out until a week before the cruise and then I would be able to print out the boarding passes and luggage tags with Priority/VIP status. My previous premier cruises were booked online, on this one I received an email with a number to call.

Some ports will have a person with a list to verify you are premier, and you get in the premier line!

I was told that a premier plus means that they only have 50 cabins to give away, meaning approximately 100+ premier guests as opposed to the normal 300+ premier guests. I know the last premier cruise we took there were 350 premier guests on board. The fewer guests, the better chance of winning a raffle, prize, etc. At least this is what I was told when I booked my cabin. These numbers may vary depending on the ship, but I was told this as it related to the Horizon, sailing date Oct. 20.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif