Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Where do you like to stay and why ? Thanks !

I have stayed at the historic Riverside Hotel and it was fantastic. Great neighborhood along Olas Atlas. Fantastic restaurants, shops, etc..

Where do you like to stay and why ? Thanks !

Jacqueline we've stayed at few times at the Renaissance prior to early am flights out of FLL and have always been happy with the hotel. It's close to Las Olas, the beach, FLL, the cruise ports, restaurants and everything else.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn/Suites on 17th Ave. I have stayed there before and it's just fine for a night. The rates can be high as they increase them on some cruise departure dates, but they can also be a good value if they don't raise the rates. I booked this hotel on AAA. They also provide both airport and cruise port transportation.

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year the end of May. The hotel accomodations were very nice. The bed was excellent, best nights sleep I have had in years, even with the anticipation of my upcoming first cruise. Close to the ships pier.:)

the Bahia Mar. We've stayed there twice before and have reservations for this coming January. It's a bit older, but great location. It has a walkway over the road to the beach, is home of the water taxis which for a nominal all day fee will take you just about anywhere you'd want to go and the hotel has a small deli where you can get breakfast sandwiches, bagels, lunches packed to take to the beach etc.

Taxi ride to the port was no more than 10 minutes.

We always stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 - in a tower room overlooking the port. Love the view. They've recently renovated the tower rooms and halls- all new carpet, soft goods, paint. They're lovely and fresh. The pool area has been renovated as well with a white-on-white color scheme. They have poolside cabanas now, serve chilled sorbet, spritz you with avian, and offer chilled towels free poolside! They've also totally upgraded all their pool food. VERY GOOD. This is a big improvement at this property which you can get a deal on on priceline (we use points).

We also stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach before our last cruise and were very impressed with the view. This room as also been redone, the pool area is great, and they have awesome affordable cabanas. Their food is so-so, and high priced.

We've also stayed (not pre-post cruise) at the Marriott Hollywood Beach (abt 15 minutes tops from the Port). It's a great boutique hotel right on Hollywood Beach. Smaller than the huge resorts, very nice rooms, great beachfront bar and restaurant. Smallish pool. Nice and quiet.

Pictures of the Hyatt and Marriott are in my new album from the Sun Princess linked below.

Good price, clean, near the Airport and Cruise Terminal. About 5-10 minutes from Airport to Hotel and the same to the Cruise Terminal. They offer complimentary Airport pick up and Cruise Terminal drop off. Also a free breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy but it should hold you until you board the ship.

Arriving from California to Ft Lauderdale late 10:30 PM on a Fri night in July. Any hotels offering shuttles that late? Also I haven't been able to find a hotel with room service past 11PM.

Any locals advice?

We would like to use a shuttle to the hotel and a taxi in the morning to the cruise terminal for convenience.

Have heard that 17th street is the best/safest area??

Would appreciate any info on this

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year the end of May. The hotel accomodations were very nice. The bed was excellent, best nights sleep I have had in years, even with the anticipation of my upcoming first cruise. Close to the ships pier.:)

toothmaker, which hampton inn did you stay at? there's the hampton-inn city center on andrews, hampton inn airport and hampton airport north..i'm trying to use up my hilton points :o

If you are not looking for anything fancy, try the Sleep Inn Dania. They provide free shuttle tofrom FLL and Port Everglades. Also has a free breakfast. They also have suite available. They have decent prices, and the reviews and pictures were okay.

I think the Sleep Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport offers shuttles until 11:00 or 11:30. They do not have a restaurant onsite, but they do have many restaurants right next to th property. They also offer breakfast. If you can't find anything to eat at night, try eating at the airport.

I think the Sleep Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport offers shuttles until 11:00 or 11:30. They do not have a restaurant onsite, but they do have many restaurants right next to th property. They also offer breakfast. If you can't find anything to eat at night, try eating at the airport.

Another good choice if your on a budget is Holliday Inn Express Air/Sea Port on SR 84, nothing fancy but very clean with a friendly and helpful staff. Also has free shuttle from air port and to the dock. Good German resturant in within walking distance.

We have just been informed that we are being moved from the Ft. Lauderdale Grand to the Hyatt Regency Pier 66--due to reconstruction. How far is that from where the Carnival ships leave from?

Hi all. We need one night at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel before our cruise in January. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel? Something near the airport or cruise terminal would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

We booked the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North on 12th Avenue for September. The rack price is $129 and is adjacent to the airport. Check to see of you qualify for any discounts. It has a complimentary hot breakfast and free transportation from the airport and to the cruiseport. We haven't stayed here before, but by the looks of the website, it will be great! You can hardly beat a Hampton Inn!

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport / Cruiseport South in Hollywood, Florida before one of our cruises. It also is $129 and offers a complimentary hot and cold breakfast and free transportation from the airport and to the cruiseport. The room was clean and was fine for one night. There is a mall and several places to eat within walking distance.

If you are flying out after the cruise, it only costs about $7 per person for a taxi from the cruiseport to the airport.

Have a great time!

We used the LaQuinta Inns & Suites on 26th st. Free shuttle to/from FLL and to/from port. Very nice place, interior hallways, with loads of dining options for delivery.

Archived