Is a 28 day cruise to long

Threeleggedtoad

We love the long cruises 24+ nights. You get to know the people you're sailing with, staff and passengers. It feels more like a life style choice rather than a holiday. Our next cruise is 28 nights, the following one is 55 nights. Since we started booking the longer cruises, the 7 night cruises were just too short. You are just getting settled in , when you have to get off.

We have done all lengths of cruises but by far the best are the longer ones. The most we have done is 119 nights and I just wanted the Captain to turn the ship around and do it all over again. I have never known 4 months pass so quickly. We set off on Wednesday for a b2b 17 night followed by 28 nights and I am looking forward to every minute of it. We will only be home just over 4 weeks before we set off on a 15 night followed by 35 night cruise. Bring it on. I don’t ever remember being bored on a ship and I definitely have never been ready to get back to Southampton.

We are on a 28 night cruise next year and are considering using a hotel park and cruise package. Which Southampton hotels offer the package for a long cruise like this?

We use a company called Cruise Park Southampton. They offer under cover parking for the duration of your cruise at a much less rate than parking at hotels or by the port. They include a private taxi to the port and return. Your car is ready for you on your return. We use them every time now but for longer cruises especially in the winter months they are perfect as the car is undercover from the elements. We drive down the night before and book the cheapest deal we can find for a bed for the night. Usually one of the Southampton holiday inns but not the one by the port as they charge more there. We book it well in advance and normally pay about £50 for the room and breakfast included.

We use a company called Cruise Park Southampton. They offer under cover parking for the duration of your cruise at a much less rate than parking at hotels or by the port. They include a private taxi to the port and return. Your car is ready for you on your return. We use them every time now but for longer cruises especially in the winter months they are perfect as the car is undercover from the elements. We drive down the night before and book the cheapest deal we can find for a bed for the night. Usually one of the Southampton holiday inns but not the one by the port as they charge more there. We book it well in advance and normally pay about £50 for the room and breakfast included.

Thanks, definitely an option for us to consider. On checking their website they charge £184 for the dates of our 28 night cruise. So with a reasonable hotel it looks to work out better than a hotel park and cruise package. And it's £100 less than CPS.