Date of Bid Award - - -

There are threads here about:

Bidding - How much was bid or would you bid - etc.

But in search I did not come up with:

The day/date of the bid award - how many days between 80 and 2 days before sailing was your bid accepted.

NCL puts out an upgrade email at about 80 days before sailing

You can bid on cabins two categories above your present cabin level

You can bid high low or not at all

So this thread is about after you have bid when did NCL accept your bid and move you to that next level cabin.

Most likely it was not at the 80 day mark but somewhat closer to the 2 day before sailing mark.

What was your experience - bid amounts not needed but type of cabin upgrade would be interesting ?

Also did you get exactly what you wanted - something close - I shouldn't have bid at all ?

Many factors go into when and if a particular bid on a particular sailing will be accepted or not. Best advice would be to bid what you are comfortable paying extra money for and not to be disappointed if your bid is not accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My parents are cruising in a month’s time. They receiving their offer to bid at the 80 day mark and were notified yesterday (Thursday) that their bid from inside to balcony was accepted, at 30 days out. They received the email notification at 10:30 am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many factors go into when and if a particular bid on a particular sailing will be accepted or not. Best advice would be to bid what you are comfortable paying extra money for and not to be disappointed if your bid is not accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could have your bid accepted the day you make it or you might not find out until 48 hours prior to sailing.

XXX

The purpose of this thread was to get the real number of days before sailing that the guest bid was accepted.

Yes I know the bidding period is from 80 days to 2 days before sailing and that there are a multitude of factors

for NCL consideration - BUT - what was or how many days before sailing was the bid awarded and the

category of cabin upgrade ?

Trying to see if there is pattern here of bids for suites being awarded first or last after all the other categories

of cabins have been awarded - maybe the suites are awarded first followed by cabins of higher fare to lower

fare leaving only inside cabins left. With this in mind the awards for suites would be delayed until NCL has

had every opportunity to fill them with full fare guests and subsequent awards would also be delayed - trickling

down.

It appears that there are 4 tiers of upgrades - bidding is allowed for 2 cabin classes above your present -

Inside to Ocean View and Balcony -

Ocean View to Balcony and Mini Suites -

Balcony to Mini Suites and Suites -

Mini Suites to Suites and Havens - something on that order

Maybe NCL has a magic (fare) number that must be reached and at that point any bid at that level is

accepted for a cabin sort of first come first bid.

If not then the waiting game of who will come up with the highest acceptable bid before the final 2 days.

And then the former cabin of the winning bidder is then available for subsequent bidding ?

One thing to remember is the awarding of the bid may be done at any time during the 80-2 day

period and when awarded payment is taken immediately from the method of payment - NO backing out

No cancelling - No other adjustments - as noted in another thread the -S-U-S-P-E-N-C-E- is killing !

Ah the thrill of getting a bigger better cabin for less than full fare !

Theres no real pattern as its simply an algorithm that takes into account many categories - capacity, current empty cabins, how many empty cabins in each cat (ie sometimes NCL like to move you up sometimes even with no bid as they can fill the ship cheaply by advertising super low prices in the last weeks for remaining insides) - I have a suspicion it also looks at your latitiude account and your average spend onboard.

One thing for sure is its not always based on the bid system if you get an upgrade. We have been moved on EPIC from a last minute inside (that was so ridiculously cheap it didnt make sense - the only ever time we have booked an inside ) to find the week before we had been upgraded to a balcony - no bid involved

I had a mini-suite on the Escape for our July 15th cruise. I bid in May and received my upgrade acceptance on July 10th. We were upgraded to the Haven Spa Suite.

There are threads here about:

Bidding - How much was bid or would you bid - etc.

But in search I did not come up with:

The day/date of the bid award - how many days between 80 and 2 days before sailing was your bid accepted.

NCL puts out an upgrade email at about 80 days before sailing

You can bid on cabins two categories above your present cabin level

You can bid high low or not at all

So this thread is about after you have bid when did NCL accept your bid and move you to that next level cabin.

Most likely it was not at the 80 day mark but somewhat closer to the 2 day before sailing mark.

What was your experience - bid amounts not needed but type of cabin upgrade would be interesting ?

Also did you get exactly what you wanted - something close - I shouldn't have bid at all ?