Boarding without FTTF

Pinkribbon0802

LOL, why do you think it’s always “sold out” and then magically available again. Carnival knows how to get suckers to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't feel like a sucker when I get immediate help at Guest Services when there are 20 people standing in line. I feel quite special. :)

I have not been able to get FTTF the last few times i buy my cruise. I have checked back and have gotten it 3 times by checking monday mornings at 9am, eastern time, and they release a few. I have gotten it 2 weeks before sailing, and the last one, i got 1 month before sailing. I wont need to get it after this cruise, as i hit platinum, finally. But again, its always been monday morning after 9 am, and they go real fast, so good luck.

We don't buy FTTF. Last cruise arrived at our appointed time 11:30, no line for check-in. WE had a seat and waited a few minutes, They were still boarding Priority and FTTF. After a few minutes they called our group and we boarded quickly. We were just a few minutes behind our friends who had FTTF

LOL, why do you think it’s always “sold out” and then magically available again. Carnival knows how to get suckers to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It magically appears again because it is based on who is booking the cruise. If a large number of Diamond and Platinum cruisers are booking there are fewer opportunities to purchase FTTF.

We got it on our first Carnival Cruise and thought it was worth it. If its worth it to you is a personal matter. I don't like lines. The general boarding line in Miami when we were there just after 10 am was long. I'm not sure how fast it moved because we were whisked right to check-in and were in the waiting room in about a span of 5 minutes from time of arrival. The separate waiting room is nothing fancy, just a separate uncrowded room with water and lemonade. One of the attendants said they often have cookies but not today. lol.

What I did like was the fact that we went straight to our room, dropped off our bags, picked up our cards, met our room steward and were quickly on our way to lunch before the long lines. Next we went back to the room, changed into our swimsuits and headed up to the pool deck to use the slides and again, it was virtually deserted. No lines. Our checked bags were all there when we got back from the pool and we were unpacked just after muster and ready to explore the ship before an early dinner.

I also liked the dedicated Guest Services desk and phone line which I used a few times to avoid long waits on the last few days. No tender ports of us so we couldn't use that priority tendering advantage.

Regardless, it was worth it to us but may not be for everyone. Felt like we got a full Sea Day out of it that first day and a relaxing one at that.

I pretty much do what you do, but for free. I arrive at port at 11:00. I check in, walk on the ship with my back-pack. Instead, I go to lunch, eat lunch and take a quick look at the ship, arriving at my room when they open. Although I'm not swimming, I do have a back pack if I wanted to. By the time muster is, I have my luggage (like 90% of the time). I only used GS line once in the last 20 cruises, and went when the line was small. Why would you need it a few times in one cruise? I did all this for free, same results, but free.

It may not be to you but apparently it is to a lot of people because it's always sold out. We have bought it for our last three cruises and thought it was money well spent.

Each person must decide if the perks are worth it for them. If you are planning on taking excursions at a tender port, the priority for tenders could be very important. Some really want the dedicated Guest Services line. Since DH and I do few excursions and an lot of relaxing on cruises, neither of these perks, for us, is worth the cost. I think it's up to $60 now. I can buy a lot of drinks with that!:D

I pretty much do what you do, but for free. I arrive at port at 11:00. I check in, walk on the ship with my back-pack. Instead, I go to lunch, eat lunch and take a quick look at the ship, arriving at my room when they open. Although I'm not swimming, I do have a back pack if I wanted to. By the time muster is, I have my luggage (like 90% of the time). I only used GS line once in the last 20 cruises, and went when the line was small. Why would you need it a few times in one cruise? I did all this for free, same results, but free.

Yes, same here. Arrived11:15 or so last cruise and they still had not finished boarding the FTTF and priority.