Passport Control Nightmares

molymoo

We flew from Stockholm, connecting through Frankfurt for our flight home to Dallas in early July. I don't even remember passport control---so it must have been easy with no line. So sorry that others have had such a nightmare.

We were warned by a flight attendant (Lufthansa) that the Frankfurt airport can be total chaos.

We missed a connecting flight through Frankfurt last year because of a delayed inbound flight and then total chaos in the airport. When we returned the next day for our rebooked flight home, the airport was totally deserted. Both weekday flights at similar times of day, but completely different situations.

lackcreativity, that is interesting. I did find the Frankfurt airport to be a bit unusual. We had to walk down stairs to get off of the plane and then take a bus to the terminal and enter through a parking garage. I saw a number of places where security could have been breached. Somehow, from there, we went right to our gate and the airport was not particularly crowded. We didn't even go through security again as I recall. When we got to our gate and it was time to board, Lufthansa had very little protocol and it was a bit chaotic. It was our first time to fly Lufthansa, and while they got us home safely (and we are grateful for that), Business Class was not all that comfortable and it was some of the worst airline food I've ever had. We had flown Air Canada on the front end of our trip and we were impressed--well organized, affable flight attendants, comfortable business class accommodations, decent food. AND, the Toronto airport was great.

Lufthansa on our economy flight was awful. Not the great airline I once flew. They jam extra seats into the brand new 747 that are too small (wife 5'4" 128 LBS) and when the woman in front reclined her seat, we could not move. She insisted on full recline thru dinner & breakfast, too. Same thing on flight back. Guy in front reclined and wife had hard time squeezing by to get to the bathroom. Pathetic.

Spending kids' and grandkids' inheritance on Business class from now on.

Lufthansa on our economy flight was awful. Not the great airline I once flew. They jam extra seats into the brand new 747 that are too small (wife 5'4" 128 LBS) and when the woman in front reclined her seat, we could not move. She insisted on full recline thru dinner & breakfast, too. Same thing on flight back. Guy in front reclined and wife had hard time squeezing by to get to the bathroom. Pathetic.

Spending kids' and grandkids' inheritance on Business class from now on.

You might look at Luftshansa's Premium Economy instead. It looks like Business class lite - a seat designed for it with services that are a little less than Business for less than the business class cost. https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Benefits-of-Premium-Economy-Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums