Excursion Advice: SURF & TURF: SAINT MARTIN BY LAND & SEA

JPMoore

Hello all,

I'm currently looking at booking some excursions for an upcoming cruise on MSC Seaside in November '18. I wondered if anyone had any experience of 'SURF & TURF: SAINT MARTIN BY LAND & SEA' (SMT79)?

It's quite costly at £109pp, but does sound quite exciting. My partner and I are looking for something that is both active and allows us to get an overview of the island, so the below description is definitely appealing:

This tour of many highlights begins when you leave your ship and instead board a 4x4 vehicle. With your driver as your guide, you​ll set off at the French border, with anexplanation provided as to why Saint Martin island is split between two nations. Views from the hilltop overlooking Orient Bay follow, after which you​ll pass the resort ofGrand Case en route to Marigot, capital of the French Saint-Martin. Enjoy some free time in Marigot, then move on to Maho Beach to watch aircraft landing at the nearbyairport. When you reach the dock area, you​ll first be given a safety briefing and then get to captain your own boat ​ as instructed by the lead captain. You​ll proceed tonavigate your craft within the coastal waters to reach a secluded spot for a dip in the sea. After returning to shore and reboarding the 4x4, you​ll be driven to a photo stopat the Harold Jack and Great Bay Mountain viewpoints before heading back to Philipsburg and your ship.

Any opinions/experience?

Sounds wonderful and certainly covers most (if not all) of what's to see on the island.

Have you posed this question over on the Ports of Call board (just in case you don't get a response here)?

That's a good idea Bea. I can't imagine this MSC version is any different than other lines - might give me a better idea of whether it's a 'good' price too.

Well as it’s an excursion offered through the ship, I’m not too worried about not making it back in case things go awry!

When I'm weighing up whether a ship's excursion is good value compared with a private one, I always factor that insurance into the equation.