Taking food onboard

Tel_boy

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who posts on here, it's been a great resource as we try to "do the right things" in preparation for our first cruise.

Please be gentle with me as this is my first post.

This may sound a silly question but could anyone please advise me if it is okay to take a small birthday cake on to the QM2? We sail on Sunday and I have ordered a small personalised cake as part of my wife's birthday celebrations. (I am aware of the no candle rule.)

Many thanks

Have a great trip and Birthday celebration

Thank you.

It's been a steep learning curve over the last few months but I'm sure that everything will be wonderful.

Everyone has to go through the first time cruiser phase and I'm sure we'll learn as we go.

Hi and welcome to CC. I hope you both enjoy your first cruise, and that your wife has a lovely birthday :)

Thank you Slugsta.

I must be honest, I've had more worries about this holiday than any other. That overwhelming desire to ensure that I 'get things right'!

I'll be so glad when we are on board and can relax.

I hope your wife enjoys the surprise, although I do feel that the surprise would be the Cunard's job and not yours.

Nevertheless, bringing food to the QM2 is a lot like carrying a bucket of water when going for a swim in the ocean.

Thanks SD. It is a very small cake (4 portion size!!) which is a continuation of a long running standing joke.

I'd feel rather embarrassed having that delivered to our table. ;)

I recently celebrated my birthday on QE and at dinner, much to my surprise, the maitre'd and our waiters turned up with a large cake and sang happy birthday.

We were in Queens Grill, so I don't know if this also happens in Brittania.

What a nice surprise.