Policy Change - Non Alcoholic Beverages

This is what I found:

Guests bringing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages onboard are now required to do so in a carry-on or hand luggage, rather than in a checked bag.

The cruise line announced that guests will be able to bring small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages in a carry-on or hand luggage on board only on boarding day. Checking in non-alcoholic beverages will no longer be permitted.

Specifically, non-alcoholic beverages brought onboard may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Distilled water or specialized beverages such as, milk for medical purposes, dietary or infant use, are permitted.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board any cruise ship, with the exception of being able to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom.

I found it here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Edited by discoseabear
new info

Maybe there was an issue with the handling of all the water people were putting into the checked bags and they wanted to cut down on that. Also if you wanted to smuggle booze on board you could take a case of water then open it from the bottom refill some bottles from the bottom then seal it all back up and have a bunch of clear liquid booze?

I don't drink and plain iced tea is my drink, with some lemonade if I get adventurous. But I do always love a challenge and getting around rules :)

We were on the September 17th sailing of the Brilliance and I saw a few people carrying 12 packs of water. They did not look happy especially since our cabins were not ready until closer to 2:00 pm.

A mild inconvenience to save $40, sure. After we boarded, we put the bottles in a rolling duffle bag. No regrets :)