More Mekong Cruise Questions

CanEcosse

1) arriving in Siem Reip from Hanoi - do I need one passport photograph or two to get a Cambodia visa at the Siem Reip airport?

2) Avalon says the baggage allowance on our internal flights (Hanoi-Siem Reip and Saigon-Bangkok) is 44 lbs. Any experience on whether this is strictly adhered to? We will have 50 lb bags coming from Canada.

1) arriving in Siem Reip from Hanoi - do I need one passport photograph or two to get a Cambodia visa at the Siem Reip airport?

2) Avalon says the baggage allowance on our internal flights (Hanoi-Siem Reip and Saigon-Bangkok) is 44 lbs. Any experience on whether this is strictly adhered to? We will have 50 lb bags coming from Canada.

I can answer 1). One picture was fine. I was with Ama, and they took our passports and pictures and cash over to a desk to get the visas.

2) The 20 kg limit is what it is for the local flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap. I was under 20 kg so I didn't worry. No one seemed to have an issue, but I don't know if anything was over that limit.

1.We got our visas online before we left. It was very easy and half the cost of using Uniworld to get them for us so I cannot answer the first question.

2. I packed with 20 kg in mind, even though we could have brought more for the over seas flight. I know one woman had lots more weight, and they were going to charge her. Our tour guide solved that, I don’t know how but she did not end up paying anything.

I know that they did not worry about one or two pounds.

Also people had carry on luggage, we only had our personal bag.