Royal Princess, Alaska June 2019, Evening Show Times

Learningtocruise1

Could anyone provide guidance on when the main show times are in the evening for an Alaskan cruise? I've read we should arrive 30 minutes early (15 mins at least) for a decent seat. I plan to pre-book specialty dining, and want to schedule the reservation to accommodate arriving in the theater in ample time. Do the show times change throughout the cruise?

Could anyone provide guidance on when the main show times are in the evening for an Alaskan cruise? I've read we should arrive 30 minutes early (15 mins at least) for a decent seat. I plan to pre-book specialty dining, and want to schedule the reservation to accommodate arriving in the theater in ample time. Do the show times change throughout the cruise?

There are two shows held every night late seating (630) and one for early (900)

Our experience on the Royal was that you should arrive very early if you want a seat at all because the ship is full of people and the theater is limited in size. We almost never got a seat. Other passengers told us that they routinely arrived an hour before the show to get a seat. Crazy!

2019 is the Royal's first season in Alaska. It's difficult to say how the shows will be scheduled, especially since there are many late evenings in port. On the sea day and days the ship leaves port early I would think there would be a mid evening show, around 8:00 and a late evening show around 10:00 which are the traditional show times. However, the E.D. might opt for 7:00 and 9:00 shows with alternate shows in the Vista Lounge. So, this does not help you very much.

As far as arrival times for a mid evening production show or a 9pm show arrive at least 30 mins early, For the "Secret Silk" show arrive 45 mins early. For late evening shows you don't have to allow as much time. For singers and comics in the Vista Lounge at least 30 mins early, the lounge is smaller. As far as scheduling special dining I would select an early time and you most likely will be fine. If you need to change it you can do it on board.