Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

Hi Jim, Great posts. I am packing for the cruise leaving Vancouver on 9/14. Can you please let me know what the wattage of the hair dryer is? I don't want to take it if it's not necessary.

Have fun,

Shari

Shari

The hairdryer in our room is 1,200 Watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jim:

I've enjoyed your posts. We leave for the airport in about six hours for a very early flight tomorrow AM. Looking forward to boarding the Millennium on Friday. And I will be easy to identify in MC -- I'll be the short woman with grey hair who will look like she REALLY needs a vacation. And my husband will be the grey haired guy with a beard who will also like he really needs a vacation.

Gerry

LOL. I have a feeling you will not be the only one in MC with that description. Safe flight.

We usually are in MC at 7:30 pm for cocktails. Just found out the current bartender in MC ends his contract at the end of current cruise. The new one is a lovely lady who usually works MC but had to work Luminea on this cruise.

Jim, I am loving reading your posts. We are considering the Bering strait to Japan cruise for next year. Can you answer a couple of questions? Do the suites get the beverage package for this cruise? I would hate to have to PAY for my coffee at El Baco! Also, does the royal suite get the two bottles of booze? Can we still get drinks at Michaels club? (my hubby would hate to have to PAY for his drinks) thanks very much for any answers you can give us.

Love reading your posts, brings back memories from my Alaska trips! You both look like you are having a great time! Enjoy and thank you for such a great “virtual cruise” you are providing me!

Thank you. You are correct we are having a fantastic trip. We could not have been rewarded with better weather.

Love reading your posts, brings back memories from my Alaska trips! You both look like you are having a great time! Enjoy and thank you for such a great “virtual cruise” you are providing me!

Glad I was able to help out. I wasn't aware that it would take so much longer to dry you hair.

Jim, I am loving reading your posts. We are considering the Bering strait to Japan cruise for next year. Can you answer a couple of questions? Do the suites get the beverage package for this cruise? I would hate to have to PAY for my coffee at El Baco! Also, does the royal suite get the two bottles of booze? Can we still get drinks at Michaels club? (my hubby would hate to have to PAY for his drinks) thanks very much for any answers you can give us.

The Transpacific Bering Straight Cruise is considered a repositioning cruise so no perks are provided. If you select one of the "Upper Suites (RS and PS) you receive a fully stocked room bar with two large bottles of your choice as well as a Premium Drink Package and Unlimited Free Laundry.

I purchased a drink package for Iain during a sale at a 25% discount. I don't drink so didn't buy one for myself. As for coffee at Al Bachio if you are Elite Plus you receive free coffee, cappuccino and Latte's regardless of cabin selection

Michael's Club drinks are always complimentary as well as Captain's Club nightly cocktail hour. I've noticed on my repositioning cruises that many guests have drinks before dinner in MC and then take a glass of wine with them to dinner.

We dined in Luminea again last night. With the early mornings Luminea has been rather empty for late dining. We regularly dine late (8:45-9:00) and have been closing the restaurant every night.

For dinner I chose the Crab cake for a starter and chose the Lamb Loin as a main course, while Iain went with the Tuna Tartar and had Quiney Hen for a main course. As the cruises continues the waiter and Sommelier are quickly learning our preferences and delivering them without being asked.

Last night after we returned to our room and were readying ourselves for bed I heard the Captain come over the speaker system in the hallways. All I initially heard was "we are turning off the outside lights".... Yow what's going on. I opened the door to hear better and he was explaining that the Northern Lights were putting on a show and that he was bringing the ship to a stop and turning the lights off so we could see better.

Luckily they were on Starboard side and we could watch them from balcony. What a delight! I'll post a couple pictures but they really don't pay it justice. A fact that we had previously been told was that when you see the Northern Lights they appear to be white and some pinks but when you photograph them they show mostly Green on the camera -- true to form.

a363d674c40e5267ee571f905f39a781.jpg

b6ae8d0926b0d68cb3ff5c21686a0e30.jpg

• Like 2

Tuesday -

We arrived in Icy Strait early. It is a short stop as we will depart at 2:30.

Icy Strait Point is located in the city of Hoonah, the largest native Tlingit Indian settlement in Alaska. The have a number of things like a Zip Line tour and whale watching. We walked into Hoonah which is 1.5 miles from Icy Strait Point. It is a little cooler today with a high of 66 projected.

Tonight is the Senior Officer's Reception in Michael's Club at 5:30 and we have signed up for the Chef's Table dinner which will begin at 7:00. We will be going light on eating lunch this afternoon so we will have plenty of room for our dinner.

0b3c8a9bcfd00240290cd6982ae1ff12.jpg

f1c9dd793f39e8ab214002d3f33340fa.jpg

d449b78f1c6b2e3d514cbf8901ba57f9.jpg

ba511a65f709c75c3d9dff5c665eddb9.jpg

3bfc7678d2bfa076bac06913a9f2f0cb.jpg

aa300b44e47b8a6c247e077a60476d22.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

I am anxious to hear about the chefs table experience. I do have a question, are you able to sign up for this prior to boarding the ship or must one wait until after boarding? Thanks!

I don’t believe you can sign up pre-cruise. It was a fun dinner in the Wine Cellar room off Tuscan Grill.

4d26a44da5441a5d240a646453cff04f.jpg

Chef’s Table Dinner

We began in Cellar Masters with an antipasto in Cellar Masters. Nice small group of 10.

29e63b9053cef24c24312e378bde3e7f.jpg

Chef Rolando met us and gave us a tour of the kitchen during dinner service. Very organized and not nearly as chaotic as I had anticipated.

2b5eee24836473d56cab7ff9ba16b6c4.jpg

ab2427d02ab908abcc3831e855f7bdbe.jpg

a9c6b3e56798bbf1233e9aa330b565e3.jpg

00b9c7683df29b3c40ea140b585c145b.jpg

I am anxious to hear about the chefs table experience. I do have a question, are you able to sign up for this prior to boarding the ship or must one wait until after boarding? Thanks!
We were able to sign up on line for the Chef's Table with Royal Caribbean. But couldn't with Celebrity. Celebrity does it better, allowing you a behind the scene tour of the kitchen which you don't get on Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app