Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

If you make it to Juneau try Tracys Crab shack 1328, 432 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801 King crab is very very good, not cheap though.

All indications are we will arrive Juneau between 7-9. We are going to have to Tender which is scheduled to begin at 10am.

We will have to check out the Crab Shack looks yummy.

By the way they are having a Crab Feast tomorrow for a special fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Guys !

Sitting on my porch on a chilly, rainy Virginia morning, enjoying my coffee (but wishing I was on a cruise) and reading your travel blog from start to finish ! And yes...I’m jealous...but will satisfy myself with following along with you on your journey...I’ve always enjoyed your detailed and wonderfully narrated trip reports and photos !

Have a great time...and Thanks for sharing !

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

Thanks. Now hope there is no problem with our early Friday morning flight from Toronto on Air Canada

OntarioCruiser

Are you expecting bad weather up there too? We are in Fort Lauderdale, and I was a little concerned with the domino effect on flights originating from the southern seaboard. But no issues here. And no weather concerns. Just a long flight through Detroit! Bon Voyage!

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Jim-lain,

My wife and I are on the Sept. 30 out of Yokohama. I was stationed in Yokosuka two years while in the Marine Corps. Looking forward to seeing Japan again after 40+ years. Please keep us informed on if the mud slides,floods & earth quakes effected your excursions. Donna wants to know if her cell phone will work while off the ship. We have Verizon. Johnnie (Reeltired)

Jim-lain,

My wife and I are on the Sept. 30 out of Yokohama. I was stationed in Yokosuka two years while in the Marine Corps. Looking forward to seeing Japan again after 40+ years. Please keep us informed on if the mud slides,floods & earth quakes effected your excursions. Donna wants to know if her cell phone will work while off the ship. We have Verizon. Johnnie (Reeltired)

My TMOBILE phone works all over Japan. Hope your Verizon does too.

Hi guys.

Following your journey from Australia.

Alaskan cruise is high up on our bucket list. We love celebrity and hope to get there in 2020.

Enjoy the rest of your great trip.

Cheers bob and Chris. ( Gold Coast Australia ):D

We like the Celebrity product. I can't say that everything is always perfect but the quality of service is consistently high and the friendliness of the staff is always present.

While food is subjective, the only thing I can complain about is especially when taking b2b's the menu's become redundant. If traveling in a suite you can choose from anything on the Main Dining Menu in addition to the Luminea menu so we often mix it up.

Hi Guys !

Sitting on my porch on a chilly, rainy Virginia morning, enjoying my coffee (but wishing I was on a cruise) and reading your travel blog from start to finish ! And yes...I’m jealous...but will satisfy myself with following along with you on your journey...I’ve always enjoyed your detailed and wonderfully narrated trip reports and photos !

Have a great time...and Thanks for sharing !

BBL

I'm glad you came aboard. I enjoy blogging and learning from the other cruise critic journals. As much as we have sailed I always learn something new.

We have been rewarded with nice weather for this cruise and really enjoying it. It will be interesting to see what the weather is like for the crossing.

Thanks. Now hope there is no problem with our early Friday morning flight from Toronto on Air Canada

OntarioCruiser

Hopefully all works out for you. These hurricanes may really put a snag in some of the air carriers routes. I was nervous of our flight with only a short connection in Seattle. Luckily all worked out well and we actually arrived early.

Are you expecting bad weather up there too? We are in Fort Lauderdale, and I was a little concerned with the domino effect on flights originating from the southern seaboard. But no issues here. And no weather concerns. Just a long flight through Detroit! Bon Voyage!

Have a safe flight. When you are sitting on a ship with the limited TV coverage we are just getting snippets of the Hurricanes heading towards the East Coast. Hope you and others are not hampered by it.

Jim-lain,

Wow... that will be really exciting. First of all - Thanks for your service to our country. I am sure somethings will be the same but expect that so much will be changed. I'm always surprised to see how things change over the years - sometimes in our memories but more often "progress" and building.

Like Sailfish, I use TMobile and we get unlimited free data roaming world wide at a reduced bandwidth. It has worked well for me in about 20 countries so far. While not fast it is ok for navigation, emails etc.

Sunday 9/8 - Skagway instead of Juneau

As I mentioned earlier we diverted to Skagway yesterday due to high winds. We arrived in Skagway around 1:00 and docked behind the Island Princess. It was a nice warm 70 degree day and was enjoyable to just stroll around town.

ed51a46027c56c1c6e2f594913d78709.jpg

3d9e307f907f07bccd62baf8992c0e82.jpg

eee399426f2942fe385f105040d8a5af.jpg

d0e840133a0e8aaae0afd009f52f5c8c.jpg

c57000aa47ddc7cd2b0cd9f958605f8e.jpg

We came back to the ship after a couple hour stroll. It looked like the most popular excursion was the Skagway Rail trip. In the late afternoon the train must have arrived and there was a huge line of about 1,000 guests waiting to get back on the ship.

6c27deef70d97b33711d58b8ab2677f1.jpg

We decided to skip lunch and just have Tea in the afternoon which just a perfect amount of food.

Last night we dined in Luminea. I chose the Scallop Carpaccio for a starter and had the Sea Bass. The fish has been excellent so far and the Chef has cooked each to perfection. Iain didn't like anything on the Luminea menu so chose from the main dining menu. He had escargot for a starter and followed it up with Trout. I believe the Luminea Chef cooked the trout as it was nicely presented and perfectly cooked.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Today we returned to Juneau. Should be an interesting day as we have a combination of Port / Tender Service. We are in port from 7:00 until 9:30 and then have to leave our dock and sit in the harbor and Tender service will begin.

994ac8a47a5939f66f610e90be3c66ad.jpg

52c00bf73ffa7178e672e6b979381c7c.jpg

b09426a714d6bfb7add690a0b9801baa.jpg

37ae04f8b60357f60f20004ecb63479d.jpg

e355c835622de9b49a835d4cb7d4223c.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

We went ashore at 9:45 this morning to avoid having to take the tenders. Juneau is a nice little town and very walkable. The weather is pleasant and about 71 degrees today.

We walked down the main street and then up the hill to see the Alaska State Capital.

While up on the top of the hill we noticed that Millennium was still docked so decided to make our way back to the ship. Once at the ship we learned that we would not have to leave the dock all day as another ship had to cancel the Port.

The ship is really empty around noon time.

ad51ac62a71502b3e05d9c062bdd8368.jpg

e49a2328d15784e2eba1c9b92fc68415.jpg

6812a3391a5f3babdd27d49e54f22a24.jpg

fa022eed20d9ecb8f76bbf5e06d4615a.jpg

29ed883802b213e06a23091ab22f24eb.jpg

Jim:

I've enjoyed your posts. We leave for the airport in about six hours for a very early flight tomorrow AM. Looking forward to boarding the Millennium on Friday. And I will be easy to identify in MC -- I'll be the short woman with grey hair who will look like she REALLY needs a vacation. And my husband will be the grey haired guy with a beard who will also like he really needs a vacation.

Gerry