Children on NZ January Solstice Cruise

gaspari

Just wondering whether the January cruises from Australia to NZ are likely to be over run with children, as the dates fall within the Australian summer school holidays. Wondered whether anyone has been on these cruises at this time of year, and can comment on their experience?

Hi, we were on the Solstice 12 night cruise first week of February 2017 from Sydney to Auckland with our 6 1/2 year old. There were maybe 20 kids on board from her age to teenagers, all very well behaved. Not sure how January timeframe would be, but hopefully this helps!

Late December through to end of January are Summer holidays for both NZ and Australia. The few times we have seen youngsters on X ships they have been either the direct control of parents or X staff. Children are not the typical demographic for X passengers thus are less than some of the other cruise lines.

I’ve been on 24 Celebrity cruises, some during holidays, and I don’t remember any being ‘overrun’ by kids. And I’m not a little-one parent defending them. I’d not worry about seeing a child or so too much.

Den

Can’t speak specifically for January, but we were on ?Solstice for ?Easter this year. Didn’t realise when we booke that we were actually departing on ?Good Friday. So, we were prepared for more kids than we had sailed with before on Solstice. Not a problem, kids really well behaved, even during the big Easter egg hunt. I honestly don’t think there will be a major problem, people say Celebrity doesn’t cater for kids, but, they have a really great kids club...so good that the kids would rather be there than hanging with their parents....lol.