Check your prices

killarneylady

There’s been a lot of price movement on my cruise, 12/27 Infinity, over this weekend. Prices dropped on most categories. CX Guarantee Concierge by 16.7 %, Now (just) less than standard balcony categories. Just have a look at your pricing. There was a drop in Celebrity’s prices but also the ‘Labor day’ sale my agency had gave larger added discount ($150) to concierge than it gave to veranda ($100) so that narrowed the already small gap between the categories. Just in case it helps anyone.

There’s been a lot of price movement on my cruise, 12/27 Infinity, over this weekend. Prices dropped on most categories. CX Guarantee Concierge by 16.7 %, Now (just) less than standard balcony categories. Just have a look at your pricing. There was a drop in Celebrity’s prices but also the ‘Labor day’ sale my agency had gave larger added discount ($150) to concierge than it gave to veranda ($100) so that narrowed the already small gap between the categories. Just in case it helps anyone.

Always good to check pricing upto final payment.

Then again on our upcoming 1/28/19 Caribbean cruise on the Reflection, the price today for a concierge cabin is $400 per person MORE than we paid for a Sky Suite cabin with Go Best when it first came out about 18 months ago. It's amazing how prices drift up and down depending on the popularity of the cruise.

Excellent for you. Indeed, it shows that things can swing in your favour and against. Its a learning curve really.

On this cruise, unlike other times, I took a plan of upgrading my category rather than taking price reductions. I found a price I was comfortable at and am trying to get the best cat I can for that price. Still about 30 days to final payment so who knows.. I could be joining you in the Suite category..:)

Then again on our upcoming 1/28/19 Caribbean cruise on the Reflection, the price today for a concierge cabin is $400 per person MORE than we paid for a Sky Suite cabin with Go Best when it first came out about 18 months ago. It's amazing how prices drift up and down depending on the popularity of the cruise.

A perfect example that it is always wise to book early and then take advantage of price drops prior to final payment. We see both on this thread.

Excellent for you. Indeed, it shows that things can swing in your favour and against. Its a learning curve really.

On this cruise, unlike other times, I took a plan of upgrading my category rather than taking price reductions. I found a price I was comfortable at and am trying to get the best cat I can for that price. Still about 30 days to final payment so who knows.. I could be joining you in the Suite category..:)

So, even after the final payment due date has past, you can still reap the benefits of a "net" price reduction by way of a room category increase. Good to know!

Do you try to do a fake booking to see the price?

thanks so much for the update, just called and saved another $100pp for our upcoming NYE cruise on Equinox with our friends, and saved another $70pp for them :-) and yes, always good to keep checking. also wondering why the suites are available, on a special holiday cruise those are usually the first to get booked, and I see lots, we are looking forward to this next cruise after our eventful first river cruise this summer. enjoy your labor day y'all

Judi

thanks so much for the update, just called and saved another $100pp for our upcoming NYE cruise on Equinox with our friends, Judi

We are on this cruise also. Have you joined the roll call? :)

Yes. Kept an eye on the ‘fishy’ website but that usually doesn’t show until reductions there for a while . Otherwise fake booking on TA or Celebrity site and compare with your invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still use the site, mainly because I had leftover credits. Used to be fantastic for years - but in my experience has become VERY unreliable. Don't believe it is still being maintained. I've now gotten into the habit of checking everyday and found drops that it did not alert me to. Don't think I will buy any more credits.

Thank you - years ago there was a little software called Cruise Shark. It would automatically keep monitoring your cruise and would notify you of a price drop. It was wonderful

As mentioned above - there is still a site (not sure if it is the same one you are thinking of) but IMO not really worth using anymore. Then again, for just a buck per cruise - maybe....

Mike

Has anyone booked directly with Celebrity? Wondering how it went.....

We book our Celebrity cruises using one of their personal cruise consultants and have had nothing but great success with him and his team. Yes, we don't get the extra perks if we instead booked through a TA, but that's OK as the service we receive over the life of the booking, which is sometimes 18+ months as we like to book early, is well worth the perks we give up not booking our Celebrity cruises with a TA.

Thanks for the info. I did check. I was able to move to a Concierge cabin from a balcony cabin on deck 7, and earn a price drop. Always good to check.

My March ABC cruise is now $900 per person more than it was when I booked in January. But it was $1200 more pp last month. Also I received a choice of 2 perks included in my price, now it's only 1. I booked early so I could get my choice of cabins, figuring I'd keep an eye on the price and catch a sale. Look like that's not going to happen.