Aurora to get more single cabins

jh1809

I received a mini-brochure through the post from P&O this morning containing a list of all the cruises for summer 2020. Naturally the covering letter was mainly devoted to the arrival of Iona, but tucked away I found the information that Aurora will be getting more single cabins. That's good news for me as a solo traveller. I imagine that this is what they have allocated the space freed up by the demise of the children's club for, once she goes adult-only.

It is very difficult to tell from the deck plans as a lot of the colours are so close they are difficult to tell apart. Having said, that, to me it looks as though there will be a total of 6 new single cabins, all with balcony. I hope you can afford one JH - I certainly won't be able to! Still only the 4 outside cabins right at the bow and no inside singles...

You will find them on the P&O website here:

https://www.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/aurora/aurora_deckplans_2019-20.pdf

You have to scroll down to page 2 though as page 1 are the current deck plans.

Thanks for pointing out the page 2 Andrew. I had missed that. I also couldn’t find the Iona plans until you posted the link elsewhere.

So the changes to Aurora are exactly as you had predicted. Shame really, as I was living in hope that they might squeeze an Epicurean in!

Thanks for pointing out the page 2 Andrew. I had missed that. I also couldn’t find the Iona plans until you posted the link elsewhere.

So the changes to Aurora are exactly as you had predicted. Shame really, as I was living in hope that they might squeeze an Epicurean in!

You're very welcome! Yes, although it is all cabins as on Oriana, the configuration is completely different. Oriana got 12 (twin/double) Balcony Cabins, 5 Outside (4 with Obstructed View) and 10 Inside (2 singles).

Aurora is getting 11 Balcony Cabins (6 of which are singles, 5 of which are deluxe doubles), 8 Outside (4 of which are larger with obstructed view) and 4 Insides.

Cabins of course bring in more money than a for-fee restaurant!

I see that P&O also seem to be changing the terminology from 'Outside Cabin' to "Sea View Cabin". Bet they won't re-name Insides 'No-view Cabins' :rolleyes:

Lol at the no-view cabins!

I had my first single cabin on my Azura cruise last week and was very pleased with it. It was inside but well laid out, a great location (F314) and glad I didn’t upgrade it.

Be great to get a single balcony.

Lol at the no-view cabins!

I had my first single cabin on my Azura cruise last week and was very pleased with it. It was inside but well laid out, a great location (F314) and glad I didn’t upgrade it.

Be great to get a single balcony.

They could copy RCCL and use "Virtual" if the Bow cam works on the TV.