Central Park balcony V Boardwalk balcony.

We have had previously a CP balcony on Harmony and Symphony , currently on Allure in a Boardwalk balcony.

Comparisons- the Boardwalk is definitely much, much louder for noise. During the day you have zip line screamers and baggo throwers ! We can actually hear the bean bags being thrown on deck 6 from deck 12 !

Central Park at night is serene with classical music . Boardwalk is busy during the day with the carousel , ding , ding , at night you can watch the Aqua show and movies on the giant screen in your PJs.

I asked hubby tonight which would you choose again and he said Boardwalk, so much people watching and entertainment thrown in at night BUT we know the Abyss spoiled the view for Boardwalk balconies on Harmony and Symphony.

Buyer beware .

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I had a Deck 8 Boardwalk Balcony on Allure and a Deck 10 Central Park Balcony on Harmony, and will have another CP Balcony on Symphony. I loved them both, but really fell in love with the serenity of Central Park. I too heard a bit of noise from the Boardwalk being directly above the carousel, but the balcony door blocked out a large percentage of the volume. However, I could still hear faint ringing sounds until the carousel closed for the night. It sounds like you had a similar experience with the action of the Boardwalk and peace of Central Park - two things that are unique for different reasons, and I personally would book either one again in a heartbeat! Thank you again for the input, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your cruise! Make the most of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have Boardwalk room booked on Symphony (about half way down so probably near carousel). Don't care about day time noise but a big worried of evening noise. But still, really looking forward to this room. And I think our kids will get a kick out of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We have stayed in a Boardwalk balcony a few times on Allure. We have never stayed in a Central Park balcony and we probably never will.

The Boardwalk balcony that we had in June was noisier than in the past as it seemed as though the volume was turned up in the Aqua theatre and when they had the movies there, it was even louder than in the past.

I love the Central Park area, but feel it is way too hot there in the summer. I don't feel that there is any air movement as it is more enclosed than the Boardwalk area. Even when we have boarded and gone to the Park Cafe for lunch, I felt it was hot and humid, for me, totally uncomfortable.

I thought it would be better in the evening, but, here again, going to Central Park for dinner nightly at Chops or Giovanni's, it was still hot and humid. That takes away the beauty of Central Park for me.

I know others don't mind the heat and humidity, and even having lived in FL for many years, the summer is brutal. My next cruise is again in a Boardwalk balcony and the one after that is an ocean view balcony which we have also enjoyed on Allure.

On Oasis class, we usually book the Boardwalk balconies farthest AFT to have a better view of the ocean and the aqua theater!:cool: Most of the noise dies down around 10pm, so no big deal to us. However, have never stayed in a CP balcony but probably won't secondary to the humidity complaints!:( I'll be on Oasis for 2 separate weeks in February, one in a mid-ship OV balcony and the other in an AFT Boardwalk balcony, so can compare those two!;)