Transportation from LaGuardia area hotel to NY Piers?

DK_JK

I’ve never been to NY City. My wife and I are flying into LaGuardiaand staying overnight in a hotel in that area (don’t know which one yet). We need reliable transportation from the hotel area to the Norwegian NY pier.

Norwegian is partnered with Groundlink, but they don’t havevery good reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’ve never been to NY City. My wife and I are flying into LaGuardiaand staying overnight in a hotel in that area (don’t know which one yet). We need reliable transportation from the hotel area to the Norwegian NY pier.

Norwegian is partnered with Groundlink, but they don’t havevery good reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are staying at a LaGuardia hotel you can arrange for Dial 7 to pick you up or you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and get a cab. There is a possibility that you can pick up a cab in front of the hotel but I would call the front desk a week or so ahead of time and see if they regularly have cabs lined up in front. These are the only options we have used and both have worked out fine.

We always use Carmel. You can call them the night before, or book on-line. They are very reliable, and their website usually has a discount coupon. In addition you have the option of getting ff miles. Just be aware that they usually arrive 15 minutes early -- at least this has been out experience. And it sure beats being 15 minutes late!

This sounds like it might be helpful:

LaGuardia Airport Shuttle

Airport Shuttles to/from LaGuardia (LGA) in New York

GO Airport Shuttle provides shared-ride and private car service for LaGuardia Airport (LGA), which is located in the borough of Queens, New York City. Pick-up or drop-off points, include hotels, offices, residences, schools and cruise terminals. Our LaGuardia airport shuttles are the best way to get the airport on time or transfer to other New York area airports. Our professional, reliable and courteous drivers will take you to your destination safely and economically. GO companies operate comfortable, late-model vehicles and maintain the highest insurance and safety standards in the industry.

OP, please have a look in the East Coast forum here on CC, plenty of useful tips, links, Q&A, many recent ones of interest. This one (click for CC link) is about LGA airport and ground transportation & ongoing construction, etc.

Hotel rates near LGA aren't necessary that much lower vs. discounted booking rates in Manhattan, depending on your travel dates & scheduled arrival time. Use Google Maps to check the hotel's location/address - not all of them are really just OFF the airport's immediate area and free hotel shuttle services can be a wait of 15 to 30+ minutes, and, require an airport shuttle bus transfer to a satellite pickup lot first to wait for pickup by the hotel. Meal & dinning options can be limited and don't expect much of a morning breakfast.

For affordable & reliable ground transportation, do NOT take the hotel shuttle back to the airport's parking lot to get GroundLink ($35 one-way p/p fares for the transfer, is not a bargain). We always recommend using Dial 7 or Carmel, 2 of the largest tri-state licensed car service with their own staging/waiting lot just off the airport - and firmly quoted rates to your destination ... fares to MCT for NCL should run about $40 + toll + tips, allow 45 minutes for the trip on weekends.

Whether you stay near the airport or in Manhattan getting a cab is easy these days. Just user Uber or Lyft when you are ready to leave your hotel. Check prices on both though, Lyft is usually, but not always, cheaper.

To get to your hotel from the airport there will be a taxi stand and you will be able to get a NYC yellow cab, though there may be a waiting line. Uber or Lyft are less convenient at the airport as they are not allowed the same access to the arrivals terminals that the yellow cabs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently in Manhattan for a pre-cruise stay. We heard good things on this site about Dial7 and decided to go with them. Booked on line with a first time discount of $5 off. They were on time, friendly, courteous and we sat in a clean and cool air conditioned town-car. We were stuck in traffic for 45 minutes but that didn’t change the prearranged price. Price depends on car type and distance. We have also arranged for the same service for Saturday morning to take us to the pier. Highly recommended!