Cancelling Second Person in Cabin

WildBlueYonder64

My daughter booked a December cruise with a friend, and now the friend can't go. Daughter is the primary, and the cruise was booked under Past Guest Rate. Daughter has a Spa balcony cabin, and doesn't want to give it up, so is willing to pay the balance due next month when final payment is due. What would be the best way to go about this? Leave friend on booking, and don't complete online check-in for her? Can she change the second person to TBA now, and add someone later if they can go? Thanks in advance.

Pay balance due and leave friend on and not checked in. Can be a no-show if sailing solo. Or, if friend changes mind and can go, it's all set. If another person commits to go, then call Carnival and inquire about a name change but no point in doing it now to TBA.

Pay balance due and leave friend on and not checked in. Can be a no-show if sailing solo. Or, if friend changes mind and can go, it's all set. If another person commits to go, then call Carnival and inquire about a name change but no point in doing it now to TBA.

Thank you, I'll pass this on to her!

She can do the name change online herself. I have had to do this a few times. If you call to change name after final payment due date they will charge 50 dollars for name change. I have avoided this by doing it myself online.

My daughter booked a December cruise with a friend, and now the friend can't go. Daughter is the primary, and the cruise was booked under Past Guest Rate. Daughter has a Spa balcony cabin, and doesn't want to give it up, so is willing to pay the balance due next month when final payment is due. What would be the best way to go about this? Leave friend on booking, and don't complete online check-in for her? Can she change the second person to TBA now, and add someone later if they can go? Thanks in advance.

Have her as a no show.