Does NCL always write back

macksmom395

Since there are so many responses to my OP telling me that NCL would ignore my letter, especially since I didn’t ask for compensation, thought I would let you know the conclusion. Got a response from NCL today. Not only did they address everything that I put in my letter to them, but they gave us a ridiculous (in a good way) credit towards a future cruise. Above and beyond anything I expected! SO and I were considering booking our next cruise on RCI and with one amazing customer service response, NCL has just procured lifetime customers.

Awesome. Glad things were done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

of course you must write to them but from experience they don't always respond, Holland America always responds

I was considering a Holland America cruise but your response leads me to believe you've had alot of issues to write them about. Please clarify.

Since there are so many responses to my OP telling me that NCL would ignore my letter, especially since I didn’t ask for compensation, thought I would let you know the conclusion. Got a response from NCL today. Not only did they address everything that I put in my letter to them, but they gave us a ridiculous (in a good way) credit towards a future cruise. Above and beyond anything I expected! SO and I were considering booking our next cruise on RCI and with one amazing customer service response, NCL has just procured lifetime customers.

Wow, you did way better than those of us who wrote letters and emails over the cruise on 9/9. Never got comp for the missed ports nor comp for the difference in price. We didn't even ask for future credit comp or even onboard credits. yes, I know what the contract says, but the right thing to do was comp the passengers for paying for an upper class itinerary and getting the low end of the cruise itinerary. Also we had more than expected problems with our food, our room steward, our room and excursions. Didn't response to those complaints either.

So far no one I know who sent emails and letters got a response; we never got the survey and the one response we got from an email inquiry was "no comp for anyone"! We won't be back on NCL simply because they chose to ignore our experience and our letters and emails. Life goes on.....but we can spend our money elsewhere. You were very fortunate as NCL has a rep for not caring about customer experiences. (y)

Not sure if you’re asking about what I wrote or their response. I wrote a letter that I uploaded to their complaint page. NCL emailed their response.

thanks historically, real hand written letters get more attention, so great it was email

thanks historically, real hand written letters get more attention, so great it was email

And where did you come up with this fun fact???? Sounds authoritative, but has no basis.

All email, letters, online posts to anyone in the NCL management chain are scanned/forwarded to their off shore Customer Relations department where sub-minimum wage agents select canned responses, approved by lawyers, to send back on behalf of the Vivian and cruise line.