Anyone else over the ''lawn'' and what should replace it.

dolittle

If the lawn is changed to a rooftop garden it would probably generate revenue through food and drink. The garden on EDGE has also changed the alcoves to a better location.

So far as losing public space to suites, keep in mind the current suite locations were retrofitted to existing space. Michael's Club was changed from a brewpub and Luminea was carved out of the MDR. With the budget "X" has announced, I can't see them being able to tear the ships apart to reconfigure them. Other than changing the style of staterooms and public areas and replacing some restaurants, the only change to suites I can see is renaming Michael's Club "The Retreat" and making it brighter and more modern. So far as Luminea, I don't know if they would do a remodel so soon after initially building the restaurants.

Sorry but many of these elements have already been announced, the staterooms are being completely stripped out. They have already announced a retreat sundeck for suites possibly with a pool area. That is my guess as to what will go in the lawn area. Press releases Are readily available.

Opposite here. We don't go on a cruise to sit on the balcony and get room service. You can get that with any hotel with a view. The ocean doesn't change much except an occasional passing ship. (Retired Navy here so the ocean is not a big deal I guess). We like to socialize and meet and talk to other people and participate in activities around the ship. When we do want to relax and unwind, we like to sit by the solarium and read our kindles and people watch.

As far as the lawn is concerned, we've only been on one Celebrity cruise so far and it was a short one so they didn't have any activities on the lawn. It was not a draw for us as we have a lawn at home (LOL).

I guess that's what's good about cruising. There is something for everyone.

Since you're the third person to comment about us sitting on the balcony....

I agree, there is a lot to do on the ship and we do it, we don't sit on the balcony all day. But when we want to relax, the balcony is the way to go. A nice room service breakfast or lunch without the hustle and bustle of the buffet is nice and relaxing. People watching is OK, just not that exciting to us.

And just like you saying you don't go to the lawn because you have one at home (joke I know) but that's my thought too, we have a pool at home and sunshine everyday. The draw isn't there on the ship.

So no worries, we'll do you all a favor and won't take up any chairs around the pool. I'll wait until I get home :)- lol.

enjoy your cruise

Sorry but many of these elements have already been announced, the staterooms are being completely stripped out. They have already announced a retreat sundeck for suites possibly with a pool area. That is my guess as to what will go in the lawn area. Press releases Are readily available.

I don't think it will go in the Lawn Club area. From the renderings it appears like it will be the Solstice Deck on S class ships, and possibly the Rooftop Terrace on M class. I think it will be a large hot tub, not a pool.