D+ Beverage pkg Discount

pattak619

J

Do some math before hand. The prices will be higher onboard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Not always, as I just did the math for my upcoming Oasis cruise in 2weeks: fingers crossed the onboard price doesn’t increase from this past week.........but it’s a gamble isn’t it...eeeek

Onboard

$63x7+18%=$520.38-30% $364.27 $52/day

Prebook

$45x7+18%=$371.70

$53.10/day

What's D+? I know, stupid question but we've only cruised twice on RCI. Next is Alaska.

D+ stands for Diamond Plus which is one of the loyalty levels in Crown and Anchor, Royal Caribbean's Loyalty Program. Currently, you are awarded loyalty points for nights sailed on a RC ship, usually one point per night unless staying in a suite or cruising solo.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/

Prices don't fluctuate like some people seem to love implying. Divide it out when you see an advertised packaged (i.e., if $45 is a "Buy one get 50% off 2nd" price, that implies the price is about $45/0.75 or $60 onboard. If $48 is the "20% off" price, that implies the price is about $48/0.80 or $60 onboard.

Prices vary by ship and sailing; it's not a single fleet-wide price, nor even a single price by each ship.

The Diamond Plus discount on the Deluxe Beverage Package is the same as the best discount Royal Caribbean ever offers online pre-cruise to anyone.

Probably the only way to do better is to buy the Deluxe Beverage + VOOM 1-Device Package when (and if) it's offered on a sailing at a combined 30%-35% overall discount, and most likely only when the cruise is longer than 7 days, since the Diamond Plus internet discount is a fixed amount based on 1 or 2 days of internet cost instead of a percentage overall.

Prices do go up. If you have opportunities early enough to buy a package, it's possible you'll see slightly higher prices later, closer to sailing date, with the same percent-off advertised. But that's just the typical annual price increase we will see across the board anytime. And probably not more than a few dollars per day each time.

There's a balance to be had for being out of pocket for the full cost of a package many months beforehand vs. saving $7 or $20 or $40 or so doing so. But except for that aspect, buy early and check prices regularly and cancel and re-buy at lower prices when and if they come available.