Guaranteed Rooms in Alaska?

Hola. Currently have booked an OV Balcony for a Radiance cruise to Alaska in August, 2019. I see that there are quite a few JS available, but only 2 GS available. No guarantees being offered at this time. Do guarantees for suites ever open for Alaska trips, or is this just a pipe dream of mine? Do I just say YOLO and book the suite? Is a GS worth $700 more than a JS in Alaska (for 2 people)? All thoughts & opinions welcomed. Thanks!

Would you do the GS, Bob? WWBD. That's what's important here. :p

No, that would be too much for me to upgrade to a GS on a 7-day cruise. However, I'm not the right person to weigh in on this because we get most of the GS perks, and I don't like the layout of the GS. The JS is our favored category.

Hola. Currently have booked an OV Balcony for a Radiance cruise to Alaska in August, 2019. I see that there are quite a few JS available, but only 2 GS available. No guarantees being offered at this time. Do guarantees for suites ever open for Alaska trips, or is this just a pipe dream of mine? Do I just say YOLO and book the suite? Is a GS worth $700 more than a JS in Alaska (for 2 people)? All thoughts & opinions welcomed. Thanks!

A few things to consider: if there is a possibility of an obstructed OV balcony, will you be okay with that? The scenery is the real show in Alaska, and having the ability to watch it from your balcony is wonderful. I’m not familiar with the staterooms on Radiance, but something to keep in mind.

Also, the excursions are more expensive than in, say, the Caribbean. My advice would be to not max yourself out on a stateroom and use the savings on an amazing excursion (or two or three.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few things to consider: if there is a possibility of an obstructed OV balcony, will you be okay with that? The scenery is the real show in Alaska, and having the ability to watch it from your balcony is wonderful. I’m not familiar with the staterooms on Radiance, but something to keep in mind.

Also, the excursions are more expensive than in, say, the Caribbean. My advice would be to not max yourself out on a stateroom and use the savings on an amazing excursion (or two or three.)

Hi. We already have an OV balcony booked (non-obstructed). Trying to decide if upgrading to JS/GS would be worth it. I’m unsure if they offer obstructed JS views... I don’t think I’ve heard of that one. :o

You’re right, though! Gotta do the helicopter and the glacier and the doggo things. Important!