Eurodam questions for 1st timers

meh56

First time on HAL...Does the Eurodam have a beverage area on Lido that you can get your own drinks, like coffee, tea and juices. Can you bring you own mug and help your self when you want. We sailed NCL and that is available all the time but want to know what HAL has.

Also, can you tell me how they handle the Muster Drill - do you go to a station out on deck and stand? Do you need to bring your life vest with you? Or do they send you to a lounge for the drill? Are you allowed to bring on your own water and soda - can you also get water or soda in port and take it back on the ship?

First time on HAL...Does the Eurodam have a beverage area on Lido that you can get your own drinks, like coffee, tea and juices. Can you bring you own mug and help your self when you want. We sailed NCL and that is available all the time but want to know what HAL has.

Also, can you tell me how they handle the Muster Drill - do you go to a station out on deck and stand? Do you need to bring your life vest with you? Or do they send you to a lounge for the drill? Are you allowed to bring on your own water and soda - can you also get water or soda in port and take it back on the ship?

Yes - Lido has Coffee, tea, juice, water, ice, etc available.

Yes - I use my own mugs/bottles all the time. I even got a collapsible funnel to make filling the bottles easier from glasses.

Muster Drill is no life vest, but out on deck by your boat.

Yes - to bringing on your own water/soda at any port. But must be carried on, not in checked baggage.

I was on the Eurodam in Aug 08 and at that time there was a station where you could pick up your own drinks, water, coffee,tea and juice. Yes we brought our own mugs.

My last HAL cruise was Feb 18 and muster was held on the deck at our assigned station. You do not take your life jacket with you. You can take water, not sure about soda for the drill.

If you buy a bottle of water and are drinking it you can bring it onboard, unknow if you can buy water and soda in bulk at a port and take it back on the ship. ( can not carry anything that heavy so never paid any attention).

Welcome to HAL and enjoy your cruise on Eurodam..

Coffee, tea and water is available 24/7 in the Lido. Juice like lemonade is questionable 24/7.

For breakfast in the Lido there is quite a variety of juices by the glass available. You can take glasses back to your cabin and keep them in your mini refrigerator which is really a cooler as it does not keep items as cold as your home refrigerator.

All the HAL cruises we have been on you were not allowed to bring any glasses of water, soda or cocktails to the lifeboat drill. Leave your vest in the cabin. You do report and stand under your assigned lifeboat.

You can bring on cases of water and soda on embarkation day along with your carry-ons. And you can do this in all ports.

On Koningsdam in June our muster drill was to inside lounge areas not outside under life boats however this may be due to the difference in the K'dam's "promenade" from other ships. Our last muster on the Eurodam was outside under the life boats. No life jackets these days...

On Koningsdam in June our muster drill was to inside lounge areas not outside under life boats however this may be due to the difference in the K'dam's "promenade" from other ships. Our last muster on the Eurodam was outside under the life boats. No life jackets these days...

It is. The Eurodam still has outside muster drills at your lifeboat.

Why did life jackets disappear from muster drills? Seems to me that emergencies will always be a fact of life and putting on one of those things can be tricky for the unitiated who might be in a panic.

Why did life jackets disappear from muster drills? Seems to me that emergencies will always be a fact of life and putting on one of those things can be tricky for the unitiated who might be in a panic.

The life jackets are in your stateroom and they demonstrate how to put them on during the drill. IIRC, people were tripping on the straps as they walked to the drill because they didn't know how to properly don the life jackets.

The life jackets are in your stateroom and they demonstrate how to put them on during the drill. IIRC, people were tripping on the straps as they walked to the drill because they didn't know how to properly don the life jackets.

Ah. I watched the video but I guess they can't count on everybody to do that. I can't say I will miss donning one, was just surprised.

I've noticed that we are generally pretty tightly packed on the promenade without the life vests on. It would be really, really tight if everyone was another 6-8 inches larger, as you would be with them on.

• 4 weeks later...