What offers for UK passengers when booking?

Scorpio41

When cruising fron Southampton.

i wondered what offers were available to UK passengers?

I don’t mean like the sip and sail ones, I’m thinking cabin up grades, on board credit, low deposit.

Also is it better to book when the cruises are released or closer to sailing?

Any suggestions welcome.

I have no idea about the first part, you have to look at the UK web site. In regard to the second part for us in the US it is important to check if the sailing is very popular...e.g. the first cruises and TA of the new Sky Princess next Fall are filling up fast and also our 3 for free promotion is my favorite and on now. I understand from reading CC that you in the UK can not refare (my understanding) based on CC posts that I have read. If there is little demand then it might be better to wait until the fare goes down. In the US we can simply call Princess and they will give us a better fare.... It also depends on other factors such is the deposit refundable? In the US it usually is but not always. I think you need an answer from either a UK frequent cruiser or a UK travel agent. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do NOT book Princess cruises very early in the UK. Unlike in US if they lower prices you cannot just ring up and re fare at no cost or cancel without losing your deposit. You will lose your deposit or have to pay the higher price. The main advantage with a late booking with Princess over P&O is that you will still be able to pick your cabin number and dining if still available where with P&O late Saver details they pick your cabin and tell you your dining times. Just wait and monitor prices and wait until you get a price you are happy with sometimes they reduce cruise price as an offer not so late and then it never goes any cheaper and might increase.It's a gamble.

Beware of pricing in the UK! The current offer is a balcony at the price of an ocean view. What happened - the cost of oceanview went up to that which the balcony prices were before the offer :rolleyes:.

I must say that last year, it worked the other way and we got a balcony cabin at what was then the oceanview price.

Very few UK offers with Princess, unlike some other cruise lines. Best bet is to buy FCD on board and get some (albeit meagre) OBC.

Beware of pricing in the UK! The current offer is a balcony at the price of an ocean view. What happened - the cost of oceanview went up to that which the balcony prices were before the offer :rolleyes:.

I must say that last year, it worked the other way and we got a balcony cabin at what was then the oceanview price.

Very few UK offers with Princess, unlike some other cruise lines. Best bet is to buy FCD on board and get some (albeit meagre) OBC.

I saw that too with the present balcony prices. They are the same as we paid for a balcony earlier this year so no saving.

We do have a FCD for some OBC.

Do NOT book Princess cruises very early in the UK. Unlike in US if they lower prices you cannot just ring up and re fare at no cost or cancel without losing your deposit. You will lose your deposit or have to pay the higher price. The main advantage with a late booking with Princess over P&O is that you will still be able to pick your cabin number and dining if still available where with P&O late Saver details they pick your cabin and tell you your dining times. Just wait and monitor prices and wait until you get a price you are happy with sometimes they reduce cruise price as an offer not so late and then it never goes any cheaper and might increase.It's a gamble.

Thank you for that. We are looking for next year so will hang on and keep checking prices.

We have been lucky and all the Princess cruises we have booked have increased in price. The one where we got a 'cheap' balcony is now double the price! I have my eye on a cruise in 2020 and am planning on either booking it onboard next month or getting FCD to apply to it when I book (assuming it is still at a sensible price).

I did let one get away the Xmas before last, it showed a silly price between Xmas and new year and then shot back to its normal price. I kicked myself for not snapping it up. Moral of the tale; if you see a cruise you want at a price that suits, book it :D

Thank you for that. We are looking for next year so will hang on and keep checking prices.

As MajorTom said late booking is the way to do it with Princess. Do not overlook their more expensive per night Dover small ship departures as well as Southampton which drop significantly near sail date as much as £1000 per person drop on some ex-Dover itineraries. Also make sure you subscribe with Princess' emails which advise on latsest deals.

Regards John