Norwegian Getaway 9/9 through 9/16

GA Dave

Below is the regular laundry service that is offered.

As soon as we unpacked on day 1, we asked our Butler, Rodelio, to please take a suit, dress shirt, and dress for pressing for our anniversary dinner on day 2. We were concerned that they might not be done on time, but we had them back by around 10 AM on Monday (day 2). They were very well pressed, protected in paper and plastic, and on sturdy plastic hangars. Definitely worth the less than $8 we paid!

Day%20Laundry%20Service_zpsvlc3c5so.jpg

We changed time back one hour on Sunday night, another hour on Monday night, forward one hour on Wednesday and forward another hour on Friday night. These changes were always noted on page 1 of the dailies, but we also received reminders on our bed during turn down service every night, along with our dailies and our "animals".

Day%20Time%20Change%20fwd_zpspvlo25av.jpg

Dave, thank you so much for this wonderful, informative and well layed out review. I'm booked on the Encore inaugural cruise but feel like I need to cruise on a newer mega ship prior to that cruise just to get an idea of what to expect.

I think I'll likely choose the GA due to your wonderful review.

Thanks for all the great info and wonderful pics.

cheers, Connie

Dave, thank you so much for this wonderful, informative and well layed out review. I'm booked on the Encore inaugural cruise but feel like I need to cruise on a newer mega ship prior to that cruise just to get an idea of what to expect.

I think I'll likely choose the GA due to your wonderful review.

Thanks for all the great info and wonderful pics.

cheers, Connie

Glad you are enjoying it Connie. Many more pictures to come.

Next up was Muster Drill. This is an area they need to work on. Our location was in O'Sheehan's. No problem. We arrived at 3:20, found a seat. Muster was supposed to start at 3:30. People wandered in later and later. They finally started at 3:45. People still wandering in late. This took much too long simply due to people arriving late, wasting everyone else's vacation time. IMHO anyone not there by 3:30 should have to do muster out on the deck in the heat like the old times.

IMG_1198_zps84tl66t5.jpg

I had reserved dinner at The Tropicana Room since my DW is a huge I Love Lucy fan. She even went out and bought a poka-dot Lucy dress with matching jewelry, etc. Seating was immediate and the atmosphere and entertainment very nice. Unfortunately, the food was not good at all. We both ordered the French onion soup. It was very oily/greasy. I ordered the Caesar Salad, which had virtually no dressing. My main course of Beef Sirloin Medallions was fair, with the meat being tender, but the sauce kind of bland. My DW ordered the 3-Cheese Baked Ziti. When she stuck her fork in it and pulled up, the entire mass came out of the bowl. A couple of bites later, she literally became ill and we needed to leave so she could go clean up. Very disappointed with this, since she had so looked forward to it. We did not return to any of the main dining rooms for the balance of the cruise.

IMG_1190_zpswvngcod4.jpg

IMG_1201_zpsbykk3uwk.jpg

IMG_1202_zpsgxohmj5s.jpg

IMG_1203_zpsf8pebvmc.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsepxkontq.jpg