MERAVIGLIA Spa and Gym Questions....

HLR

Hi All!

For those of you who have actually sailed on the Meraviglia [say that 10 times fast...or even just once!] I have some gym and spa questions: The deck plans are not detailed at all to show these things. The deck plans show the gym is on 16 and the Spa is on 7.

1) Is there a men's locker room at the gym? If so is there a shower in said locker room? Is there free steam or sauna in said locker room??

2) I would guess there are locker rooms at the spa to use if you buy a Spa Pass for the sailing?

3) Are all the Thermal Spa facilities co-ed?

4) Where did they hide deck 17? It skips from 16 - 18 on MSC's website...hmmm

Howard

1) Is there a men's locker room at the gym? If so is there a shower in said locker room? Is there free steam or sauna in said locker room??

Yes, mens and womens locker rooms. Can't answer as to steam/sauna as only my hubby used it, sorry. He said it was a good gym though.

2) I would guess there are locker rooms at the spa to use if you buy a Spa Pass for the sailing?

yes, they are really nice too. At least the womens were.

Yes, all co-ed inside the thermal spa.

Gosh! I never knew that. Yea....new cocktail fodder!

Thanks!

17 in Roman numerals is spelled XVII. This is an anagram for the word "LIVI" which means "I have lived", which in turn implies that you are no longer living, hence dead. That's why 17 is an unlucky number for Italians. Now you can make $$$ at the bar.:cool:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

With Covid restrictions, MSC has limited the Spa and fitness facilities.

Reduced capacity and must be pre- booked.
For our Meraviglia cruise in November, visit to thermal area must be pre-booked by phone.

The following will be closed: Saunas, steam rooms, heat bath whirlpools and Ice and Snow experiences. 
Salt relax room, experience showers and heated loungers will remain open for guests.

37 minutes ago, phissy said:

For our Meraviglia cruise in November, visit to thermal area must be pre-booked by phone.

The following will be closed: Saunas, steam rooms, heat bath whirlpools and Ice and Snow experiences. 
Salt relax room, experience showers and heated loungers will remain open for guests.

Thx for info!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phissy said:

None of this is true, for the exception of restrictive numbers which is the only thing that's up for debate. 

Everything was open 3 days ago when I was on board. Also I didn't get services until I got on board. I got a week pass in the thermal area.  I went everyday and everything was open.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CampNCruise74 said:

None of this is true, for the exception of restrictive numbers which is the only thing that's up for debate. 

Everything was open 3 days ago when I was on board. Also I didn't get services until I got on board. I got a week pass in the thermal area.  I went everyday and everything was open.  

This is good to know.  First hand information is always the most helpful.

No debate needed.

I was taking my information from MSC , which sent me the information.

They addressed the issue of Covid safety, fitness and spa thermal area facilities.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, SquishTheWhale said:

Yes, mens and womens locker rooms. Can't answer as to steam/sauna as only my hubby used it, sorry. He said it was a good gym though.

yes, they are really nice too. At least the womens were.

Yes, all co-ed inside the thermal spa.

Just to add to this, they are co-ed, but everyone wears swimsuits and the locker rooms are *not* co-ed.

Making that distinction because in Europe many spas are co-ed and clothing optional.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:12 PM, Zephyr173 said:

17 in Roman numerals is spelled XVII. This is an anagram for the word "LIVI" which means "I have lived", which in turn implies that you are no longer living, hence dead. That's why 17 is an unlucky number for Italians. Now you can make $$$ at the bar.:cool:

I have seen this repeated many times and it always seems like "too cute" an answer to be correct.

I've also heard because the Flood in the Bible occurred on the 17th day. 

I've also heard it goes back to ancient Greek times.

*Not* saying what you said isn't true...just saying it sounds a little too cute 🙂

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

I have seen this repeated many times and it always seems like "too cute" an answer to be correct.

I've also heard because the Flood in the Bible occurred on the 17th day. 

I've also heard it goes back to ancient Greek times.

*Not* saying what you said isn't true...just saying it sounds a little too cute 🙂

The anagram is "VIXI" (I have lived), not "LIVI" as written above. To be an anagram, it has to have the same letters, and there's no "L" in XVII. But it does sound cute, I agree! 😄

BTW I'm happy for the Meraviglia guests. We were on the Splendida last month and the Aurea Spa was pretty bare bones: only the saunas were open, and only by appointment, max 1 hour use per day. Better than nothing, but a bit disappointing.