Eclipse, a Mediterranean Royal Suite Experience

chemmo

Wise words Chemmo about seizing the day. We made the same decision after our first cruise, when sadly a lady in her early fifties struggling to get through the first day of our two day tour in St Petersburg due to her arthritis. I admired her courage, but gosh did it make me realise that you can't take your money with you - get out and enjoy life. Thank you for another of your wonderful reviews - love your style!

I think this cruise has made us realise that we need itineraries where we can just have a short walk off the ship or a short taxi ride, or better still itineraries like Norway or Alaska where some of the best sightseeing is from the ship...a pity we have done both these itineraries!

I know some readers see booking top suites as an unnecessary expense or some sort of ‘elitism’ but for us it is a reflection that more and more our ship is our destination.....We do spend more time in the room, appreciate having a bar set up and do find a butler has his uses, we make the most of our dining options too!

We are so blessed we did travel so much when we were fitter! Much as we were disappointed that we could not lunch in Plaka it would be much worse if we had not previously visited....

Sorry to hear about the lady struggling through in St. Petersburg....sightseeing looses its pleasure when you are in pain and, of course, you risk causing further injury to yourself, just not worth it. There is also the risk of slowing down the rest of the group....Generally any sightseeing we do is independent, pleasurable but within our mobility levels.

Perhaps for us as well.

I would not be surprised if Captain Leo ends up on one of the new Edge ships at some point.

If the suite prices become more realistic on the Edge ships we would happily join him there! Several staff on Eclipse are on their way to Edge including our room attendant (just left) and our butler (leaving after next cruise).

I know some readers see booking top suites as an unnecessary expense or some sort of ‘elitism’ but for us it is a reflection that more and more our ship is our destination.....We do spend more time in the room, appreciate having a bar set up and do find a butler has his uses, we make the most of our dining options too!

We are so blessed we did travel so much when we were fitter!

Spot on!