Surf vs. Surf + Stream?

mattb31

Going on Allure in November and a bit confused as to the difference between the two packages. We are getting the one device package and I plan on hotspotting it to share between two people.

We really just want the package to stream music and occasionally surf the web. Will the just the surf package work with Spotify? I am not sure if the difference between the two is just that they throttle the surf package speeds or if they actively block any apps that stream (ex. Spotify). Not interested in streaming shows or anything of that nature.

We are getting the one device package and I plan on hotspotting it to share between two people.

Realize that Surf is already a pretty bad connection, sharing it out (not typically available on most devices) will lead to even poorer performance.

Realize that Surf is already a pretty bad connection, sharing it out (not typically available on most devices) will lead to even poorer performance.

I hotspotted it on a Celebrity cruise so other people in our party could use it and it worked great, almost no decrease in speed from what came into my phone. I was actually pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect much out of it.

I hotspotted it on a Celebrity cruise so other people in our party could use it and it worked great, almost no decrease in speed from what came into my phone. I was actually pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect much out of it.

What phone and did you measure the speed/ping in/out?