Comparing Regent to Seabourn

bebop bonnie

"It is really hard to look back on any cruise on either Line and lament the experience."

Goarmy - I enthusiastically agree with that statement from your earlier post.   After many Regent cruises, we have enormously enjoyed a couple of Seabourn cruises and have a couple more of them booked.   Nonetheless, we are also booked on Regent Splendor for the Panama Canal trip in March, 2020.   Thus, it may be clear that we are happy with both lines and recommend both of them highly.  

Perhaps we will have the good fortune to meet up on the Splendor cruise.   We have registered for the official Cruise Critic M&M and also plan to attend any other informal meet & greet organized by the members of our roll call.

Edited by freddie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent - great comparison.  Although we love Regent, Seabourn has been on my radar for a few years now - I just haven't found an itinerary that fits our schedule yet.  But I've read nothing but positives about the line and look forward to giving them a try when the pieces fit.

For those who say that Seabourn is much less expensive than Regent, do you use the included air?  Do you take advantage of the excursions?  Pretty much every time I've compared cruises and add in air, transfers, a few excursions, etc. the prices always seem to come out pretty close - sometimes Regent wins, sometimes Seabourn wins.  As neither my wife nor I still have status on any of the airlines and therefore can't score free or cheap air, it always seems to come out as a wash price-wise for us.  In fact, we were just this week pricing cruises on several different lines and guess who we ended up with?  Regent.  It was still the most cost-effective choice for us.

I also thought I read that at least one or two posters here said they were booked on Voyager in January - would that be the January 7th Miami-Miami cruise?  If so, we'll see you on board!  :classic_unsure: