Magic Sep 30th Excursion Recommendation

SethCruise

Hello all,

First time poster here. I was hoping to get some recommendations on excursions for my upcoming cruise with my girlfriend on the Magic that sails September 30th.

The stops are:

Grand Cayman

Belize

Mahogany Bay

Belize

Cozumel

The only excursion I have booked is with "Butts Up" in Belize based on the recommendations from this forum.

Thanks in advance and I am open to any suggestions! :):):)

Do you like to snorkel? If so, I HIGHLY recommend West Bay Beach in Roatan (Mahogany Bay port). You can take a taxi there, but if you don’t feel comfortable with that, there’s a Tabyana Beach Break excursion through Carnival that takes you to that beach and is really great. You basically get access to this private area on the beach with chairs (good shaded areas available), a restaurant (for extra $) and they have some gift shops. It was a very relaxing day. The reef is huge there and very close to the shore. I normally prefer non-Carnival excursions, but would do this one again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would do Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Cozumel is easy when it comes to taking a taxi to a beach club. We've gone to San Francisco Beach Club several times. Lots of people like Mr. Sancho's, but there are several to choose from. Check out the Ports of Call forum. Also, find your roll call. We've learned of excursions on there as well for our cruises.

Hello all,

First time poster here. I was hoping to get some recommendations on excursions for my upcoming cruise with my girlfriend on the Magic that sails September 30th.

The stops are:

Grand Cayman

Belize

Mahogany Bay

Belize

Cozumel

The only excursion I have booked is with "Butts Up" in Belize based on the recommendations from this forum.

Thanks in advance and I am open to any suggestions! :):):)

It would help to know if you have a budget and what you like to do. But in the meantime, as others have said, the "thing to do" in Grand Cayman is some excursion including the sting rays. Cozumel has a great variety - if you are interested in ruins, Tulum would be a great choice. There are tons of beaches (from AI to mom and pop) where you can relax. And of course there is Chankanaab (book directly with them as if you were staying in Cozumel) for a fantastic dolphin encounter.

Roatan is the prettiest port and we have done everything thing from West Bay beach day to an island tour with Island Marketing (to see sloths and monkeys, iguana sanctuary and local food) to a tour with Victor Booden (including his monkeys and zip line), to Gumbalimba park. This is the one port, of all of them, that you really must get out and see the views from the mountains.

In Roatan Honduras, we used South Shore Zip line and had the BEST time. Our entire group of 10 said it was the best excursion we were ever on. A van drives you up the mountain and you zip down to the bottom. Almost no steps or platforms to walk up. Extremely reasonably priced, plus you get interaction with their monkeys!!! The guides will use your own camera to take pictures and on some lines will go with you so you can hang upside down! An amazing experience and our guides were very funny and entertaining!

SethCruise, I highly suggest the stingray city tour in Grand Cayman. It is amazing. How often does one get on a boat, ride out to a sand bar(feels like one is in the middle of the ocean), hop off said boat, stand in water that is not over ones head(I'm only 5"3") and sting rays are swimming all around. As a matter of fact, the last time I did this I was in a spot where I was on my knees and my head was above water. If you like being in the ocean, it is incredible and so much fun. I have picked up a tour once at the cruise port and also booked one on line(not through the cruise line). I felt extremely safe and never once doubted my decision to book outside of the cruise line. Roatan, I suggest Victor Boden Tours. Very good price, I felt safe with my driver and hope you give them a try. Next time I am in Roatan, I want to do their tour that offers ziplining.

SethCruise...I meant to type that I am 5'3'' not five inches +3 inches tall. Also, in Cozumel hubby and I have went to Money Bar Beach Club via a quick taxi ride. If you like to snorkel, I think it is great. No charge to use their area although we have always ordered drinks and chips/salsa, etc. They have steps down into the water and the very minute you put your masked face into the water you can see the fish. It is not a place if you want a sandy beach but they have loungers, swings and tables with umbrellas. We have spent hours there enjoying Cozumel.