Celebrity Discovery Collection: Exclusive Tour Of Italy's Amalfi Coast

leahrotella

Has anyone booked this excursion before? It's on the pricier side, but the idea of having a private car on our honeymoon for our most anticipated port wasn't worth passing up. We'll be able to do Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii in one day.

The excursion doesn't include lunch. For anyone who has done this, are we able to request a specific restaurant to stop at in Positano? Do you think our driver can call on our behalf to make reservations? Any way of tackling this in advance or we just have to wait for the day we're in port? Thank you in advance!

Have you checked the cost of this excursion vs. the cost of hiring a car service on your own? There are several that are highly recommended by members here, you might want to check just for your own peace of mind.

If you are hiring a private car and driver there should be absolutely no reason why you can't stop anywhere you want along the way, for as long as you want.

Have you checked the cost of this excursion vs. the cost of hiring a car service on your own? There are several that are highly recommended by members here, you might want to check just for your own peace of mind.

If you are hiring a private car and driver there should be absolutely no reason why you can't stop anywhere you want along the way, for as long as you want.

Thanks for your response. We did consider that briefly, but felt comfortable enough splurging for this through Celebrity since we're new-ish to cruising and really like the itinerary; we didn't want the extra stress of finding a private car and building out an itinerary on our own. Just curious about this particular excursion and lunch options!

Thanks for your response. We did consider that briefly, but felt comfortable enough splurging for this through Celebrity since we're new-ish to cruising and really like the itinerary; we didn't want the extra stress of finding a private car and building out an itinerary on our own. Just curious about this particular excursion and lunch options!

Tour operators like "Rome in Limo" (not limo in rome, btw) will have preset private excursions just like Celebrity for a much better price. Chances are pretty good that Celebrity is contracting out to one of these operators.

Big operators will get you back to the ship in time, as they stake their reputation on it.

Personally, I would skip Sorrento & concentrate more on Amalfi Coast & Positano. Sorrento has its charm, but it's nothing compared to Positano or Ravello. Trying to fit too much into one day might mean that you don't get to enjoy any of it. :) Enjoy your trip!

Tour operators like "Rome in Limo" (not limo in rome, btw) will have preset private excursions just like Celebrity for a much better price. Chances are pretty good that Celebrity is contracting out to one of these operators.

Big operators will get you back to the ship in time, as they stake their reputation on it.

Personally, I would skip Sorrento & concentrate more on Amalfi Coast & Positano. Sorrento has its charm, but it's nothing compared to Positano or Ravello. Trying to fit too much into one day might mean that you don't get to enjoy any of it. :) Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for your response! I do understand where you're coming from but, respectfully, we're not going to change our plans at this time. We get married in a few days and then it's off on the honeymoon. Just trying to figure out lunch for now! Ravello is definitely on my short list for my next time on the Coast though. I've posted this on the Celebrity threads with hopes someone can respond about this particular excursion.

Thanks for your response! I do understand where you're coming from but, respectfully, we're not going to change our plans at this time. We get married in a few days and then it's off on the honeymoon. Just trying to figure out lunch for now! Ravello is definitely on my short list for my next time on the Coast though. I've posted this on the Celebrity threads with hopes someone can respond about this particular excursion.

Congrats & enjoy your wedding & honeymoon, the places you are going to see are simply breathtaking no matter who you go with.

:)

• 4 months later...

We did this excursion a few years ago with Rome in Limo, had a great time but has it was the middle of the summer (mid August) the traffic was horrendous and we only had a limited time in each place. At one point our lovely driver was seriously concerned that we wouldn’t make it back to the ship on time. All places are beautiful though just keep in mind that depending on the time of year it can be exceptionally busy.